Customer Service, Library, Youth & Children
13.58 USD / Hourly
Are you enthusiastic, dedicated to excellent customer service, and passionate about working with children, teens, and families? The ideal candidate wants to: deliver programming for all ages (especially storytimes for babies-preschoolers); build relationships with our patrons, schools and community; and, encourage literacy and a love of learning for all ages. The Youth & Teen Services Department serves children birth – 18 years old and their caregivers.
Primary responsibilities include:
readers’ advisory and reference services, programming for children and teens, and collection management.
* Bachelor’s degree or LTA certification required
* Public service experience
* Strong commitment to customer service
* Excellent communication and writing skills
* Knowledge of current technology
* Prior experience working with children, teens, and caregivers
* Must have a strong work ethic and be willing to work alone and as a team member
* Experience in early childhood programming
* Positive, organized, and able to work well under pressure
* Knowledge of children’s and teen literature and current trends in programming