Are you someone who is…
- warm, friendly, and passionate about making a difference in the lives of other people?
- motivated, organized, and knows how to make things happen?
- savvy online and up to speed with technology and enjoy helping people troubleshoot problems?
If so, you’re in the right place.
We’re looking for a Member Support Coordinator to provide an excellent experience for our members and our community throughout the weekend. The primary focus of this position will be customer service support for members of The Balanced Life community.
You don’t need to be a Pilates or nutrition expert, but you do need to have a passion for supporting people and a knack for problem solving, as our members strive to live healthier, balanced lives through our online Pilates & nutrition programs.
The primary responsibility of this position will be weekend customer service support for members of The Balanced Life community. The Balanced Life is built on positivity, warmth, encouragement, and kindness. So if others would use these words to describe your personality, you’ll be a great fit. We pride ourselves on exceptional, above and beyond service to our community.
This position has high expectations and requires you to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time, but if you’re the right person for the job, you thrive in a fast-paced, creative, dynamic, work environment, and a high level of responsibility doesn’t scare you, it excites you.
This is a 15-20 hour per week (with potential for growth) and a remote position.
This role requires working 4-6 hours on Saturdays and Sundays as well as 2-3 hours on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Additional availability to accommodate for the increase in member support needs will be communicated in advance.
Although we are remote, we love to work together! This role also requires you to attend Team Summits twice a year in Santa Barbara, California.
The Member Support Coordinator is essential to The Balanced Life because this role offers a personal connection to each community member that emails us.
The Balanced Life is committed to inclusion, diversity, awareness, and anti-racism within our team and community. We are individuals who care deeply about social justice and recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are not only valuable, but necessary to fulfill our mission at The Balanced Life. We invite you to join us as we build an organization that promotes a diverse culture and community where people are welcomed, valued, and included.
So what will you do?
- Promptly respond to customer service inquiries with patience, warmth, and kindness on weekends and select week days via HelpScout, our customer service platform.
- Directly support the Member Support Team in all customer support functions.
- Assign support tickets to appropriate team members.
- Serve as our member cheerleader and celebrate their wins and share them with the team.
- Support our team and community during live launches.
- Meet with our team 1x per week (via Zoom) for our weekly team meeting.
- Meet with the Member Support Team 1x per week (via Zoom) for a weekly team meeting.
- Meet with our Member Support Manager 1x per week (via Zoom) to check in during your initial introductory period and then every other week moving forward.
- Attend additional virtual team meetings as needed.
This position is for you, if you…
- Can easily commit to 8-12 hours on weekends with an additional 6-8 hours during weekdays (with potential for more as we continue to grow).
- Are able to work hours on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday.
- Have a BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Have 1-3 years in customer service (ideally in an online setting).
- Have the ability to work and thrive in a primarily virtual setting.
- Have a positive attitude when faced with challenges and can handle the daily unknowns that are part of the ebb and flow of customer support work.
- Are a driven, self-motivated individual with a passion for helping others and making a difference in people’s lives.
- Are an excellent communicator.
- Have passion and strong understanding of the online fitness industry and The Balanced Life’s mission.
- Have exceptional writing, spelling, and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of The Balanced Life.
- Have excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Can handle tight deadlines.
- Have a desire to learn and grow as an individual and a professional.
- Are technically savvy and can help troubleshoot technical issues.
- Are willing to learn more about Pilates and participate in Sisterhood Pilates workouts to be a great resource for our members.
- Adapt well to changes on the go.
- Are flexible and able to handle direct & blunt feedback.
- Have 2-3 years of administration, marketing, customer service and/or content creation experience preferred.
- This position is NOT a good fit if you already have a full-time job that you need to work around or if you are unavailable to work Saturday and Sunday.
TBL Team Logistics:
- This position starts with a 3-month introductory period.
- You must be located in the U.S. to apply.
- Compensation for this role is based on experience.
What makes this job truly amazing?
- The chance to be a part of a business that is changing lives and making a difference in the lives of women around the world.
- You get to work with our small but mighty team! We’re fun, we’re kind, and we support each other.
- The ability to manage your own time and work for a business that advocates for healthy work/life balance.
- Hands-on experience in the world of online business, marketing, customer service, entrepreneurship, fitness, health, and Pilates. There is never a dull moment!
- An opportunity to use your skills for good and grow as an individual without having to commit to a traditional 9-5 cubicle job.
- Getting in on the ground floor of a growing business that is gearing up for major growth and expansion in 2020 and beyond.
THE BEST PART?
Your role is to make our community’s experience with The Balanced Life personal, positive, and amazing.
Why is this job important?
The Balanced Life serves tens of thousands of women every year and in this role, you will be crucial in supporting members and ensuring that they feel taken care of in a way that positively impacts their lives.
In this role, you will be fundamental as The Balanced Life is preparing for major growth by helping us continue to provide an exceptional experience for our members in big and small ways.
Company – The Balanced Life – TBL
Website – https://thebalancedlifeonline.com/