Education & Training, Tutoring, Graphic Design, Interactive Design
We created CareerFoundry to help others build their careers while maintaining personal freedom and flexibility. Our 100% online, flexible, mentor-driven courses are setting the standard for globally accessible technical education.
We are looking for experienced and passionate UX Designers with a passion for Voice-first design from all over the world to join our mentor pool, and help define the next generation of design talent by educating and empowering students across the globe.
Our global pool of over 90 mentors and tutors in the web development, iOS mobile development, user experience design, and user interface design fields has grown to include freelancers, entrepreneurs, consultants, and agency directors who passionately guide, motivate, and empower our students to create new careers in the tech industry. We are constantly searching for more teaching enthusiasts like you to join this pool.
Mentoring is more than teaching. It is inspiring newcomers to the field to build, to problem solve, to think like a UXer, and to increase their value as professionals. With their expertise from the field, Mentors provide guidance and encouragement to their students each step of the way, from sketching their first user flow, to producing working prototypes.
We’re evangelical about spreading the word (!) of Voice User Interface design, as we believe it’s the next big thing in design, tech and futurism. We’ve developed a specialized Voice User interface design course, available as a standalone short course for working UX designers to up-skill, or a specialization offered to our career-change UX Design students. The curriculum was developed alongside Amazon Alexa, but we aim to be platform-agnostic and would love to hear from you whether your skills are in Alexa, Cortana, Siri, IVR or any other voice-first platforms!
Mentors work on a freelance contract with CareerFoundry and are remunerated for portfolio reviews, coaching calls with students, and the occasional coaching call with their tutor partner.
What we’re looking for
- You are passionate about sharing your knowledge and experience, supporting students on their way to becoming UX designers who specialize in Voice Recognition. We are looking for UX design mentors who are interested in mentoring students from all over the globe in this rapidly expanding field – all online.
- You have several years’ experience in UX & UI design, with a demonstrable track record showcasing your work for a variety of clients and companies. You can show a first class portfolio with rock solid, relevant references to back it up
- You need to be comfortable with the Alexa skill builder interface and have 2-3 years’ experience working with voice design
- Ideally, you will already have gained experience in teaching or you have the right attitude and skills for it: you have time and patience for beginners and a strong desire to guide people along their career path in this field, with knowledge of the latest design tools, a broad network of experts in the field and an in-depth understanding of industry practices.
- As a mentor, you will be reviewing your students’ work on regular basis with a view to how it would fit into an industry-ready portfolio. Additionally, you will do one-on-one video calls to help prepare your students for their entry into their new industry.
- The specialization course will take a part-time student 2 months to complete and a full-time student 1 month to complete. It will consist of approximately 15 text-based lessons supported by images, hands-on tasks, bite-sized video tutorials, and links to additional resources or further learning.
Company – CareerFoundry
Website – https://careerfoundry.com/Click Here to Apply