Customer Service, Travel & Hospitality
The Walker Art Center is seeking Visitor Services Associates to join our team of talented individuals who help in creating an exceptional experience for all our visitors. This is a fast-paced, dynamic position that is both fun and rewarding.
We place the highest priority on establishing a warm and welcoming environment for all who visit. Our Visitor Services Associates are responsible for greeting, enthusiastically sharing Walker information and supporting our visitors in ways that ensure extraordinary experiences and repeat visits.
* Provide recognizably exceptional customer service to all visitors.
* Sell daily Museum admission, program tickets, memberships and member guest passes. Process transactions through ticketing and client management system (Tessitura).
* Proactively and warmly welcome guests, respond to questions, and provide guidance; display passion for Walker programs/ events and campus activities (inclusive of restaurant, rental guests, and the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden)
* Respond to general inquiries and feedback from guests and members on site.
* Provide general event and facility information for visitors.
* Stay abreast of current and upcoming programming, events/ activities.
* Maintain inventory of printed information and marketing materials, and ensure signage is accurate.
* Seat patrons, scan tickets, distribute programs, and perform light theater cleaning between screenings.
HOURS: 10 – 20 hours per week
WAGE: $10.10/hour; museum discounts, Walker membership, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals as well as support some remarkable artists, events and programming.
* Applicants should be honest, hardworking, genuine, outgoing, and amiable.
* Experience in customer service, tourism and box office procedures desirable.
* Ability to problem-solve in a quick and resourceful manner.
* Experience with MSOffice, computerized ticketing and membership systems desired.
* Ability to handle a variety of operations simultaneously.
* Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of personalities and people across a variety of cultures, generations, and abilities.
A willing attitude and positive demeanor
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We especially encourage applications from minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply