Visitor Experience Assistant
Who we are:
AMOpportunities connects healthcare students globally to US clinical training experiences. The worldwide shortages in healthcare necessitate a model for learning, training, and working anywhere. Our platform provides students on-demand clinical experiences with concierge services such as visa and housing support. AMO has hosted more than 2,700 international medical students and graduates in 200-plus clinical sites across the country. AMOpportunities grows every year, forming partnerships with academic institutions globally and connecting them to our partnered hospitals. We are paving the way for the future of healthcare education, breaking down not just borders but the traditional model of clinical education.
At AMO, we partner with trainees and educators to shape a world where an individual with a dream can learn anywhere, train anywhere, and work anywhere.
We believe in a future where all people have equal access to education, training, and career opportunities regardless of national origin, belief, or identity. We strive to create this future by empowering connections that transcend borders and increase educational equity.
About the position:
The Visitor Experience Assistant works to provide support to our Visitor Experience team and the visitors, international medical students, and graduates, before and during their time in the United States. This individual will help support the department to optimize functionality and output by connecting visitors with the resources they need to succeed and building sustainable business practices that will allow the Visitor Experience team to meet and exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). This position is a flexible 20 hours a week position. The position is remote to start but we are looking for candidates to be Illinois residents.
- Visitor document coordination – organize, review and convert documents submitted by the visitors.They will also be responsible for ensuring the information provided is complete and correct
- Proactive visitor outreach – communicate with visitors to ensure documents are received as early as possible
- Visitor visa status management – support the Visitor Experience Team by developing a new organization process to best support the visa campaigns
- Pre-enrollment orientation tracking – manage the pre-enrollment orientation data tracking
- Housing assistance –develop a housing resource guide for top programs and partner with the marketing department to create visually appealing resources
- Build and maintain a good relationship with visitors to ensure customer satisfaction and success
- Develop a strong understanding of customer challenges and demonstrate a positive, proactive, solution-based approach to resolving challenges
- Maintain strong working relationships with all of AMO team members
- Build and expand on current services and partnerships that are offered
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of evolving products and services
- Deliver best-in-class customer service over across multiple platforms (phone, email, text and live chat)
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a strong work ethic
- Be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, and articulate
- Thrive in a fun, fast-paced startup environment
- Be adaptable to change in the workplace and use it to inspire innovation and creativity
- Demonstrate an understanding of customer service in regard to being polite, helpful, flexible, and trustworthy, while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects while working in a results-oriented environment
- Be able to work independently and collaboratively across multiple internal departments
- Be a self-starter with the ability to achieve goals without daily supervision
- Strong analytical skills and be detail-oriented
- Must take ownership of problems with the ability to consider various resolution options, using sound judgment in selecting a solution
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to think critically
- Strong comprehension skills—ability to clearly understand and state the issues customers present
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Education and Experience:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Previous customer service experience
- Experience managing multiple tasks
- Experience with CRM or other email management systems
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup culture
What You Gain:
- Competitive hourly rate
- A mission-driven work environment committed to a spirit of support, growth, and achievement
- Performance-based career growth opportunities
- A front-row seat for the exponential growth of a booming education tech company
- Work/life balance
Equal Opportunity Employer
At AMOpportunities we champion the reality of diversity and the necessity of inclusion and accessibility. We are deeply committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strictly prohibit discrimination and harassment based on disability, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy status (including childbirth and related states), sexual orientation, race, color, social or ethnic origin, religion, age, HIV status, past/present military service, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Company – AMOpportunities