Administrative, Virtual Admin, Legal, Mortgage & Real Estate
Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal with recent experience supporting attorneys in a transactional law practice who is available to support clients in both Central and Eastern time zones. We are looking for paralegals with at least three years of experience in transactional law, including skills in real estate closings. If you have experience supporting a diverse array of transactional practices and have previously assisted attorneys remotely, we want to hear from you!
Virtual paralegals at Equivity develop a portfolio of clients and support a number of different attorneys. We are currently seeking a virtual paralegal to support attorneys in transactional law practices, such as the following:
- Preparing and editing business contracts
- Assisting with real estate transactions and closings
- Forming and dissolving business entities and performing entity maintenance
- Preparing corporate, partnership, or shareholder agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions
The ideal candidate will be adept at using practice management software, such as Clio or MyCase; Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel; and editing PDFs. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable using Google Calendar, Google Docs and Google Sheets.
More about our company:
Equivity provides virtual assistance to clients across the United States, with specialties in administrative, marketing, and paralegal support services. Equivity works closely with our clients to provide them with virtual paralegals who are experienced in their field and have successfully worked in a remote or virtual environment. Our law firm clients range from solo practitioners to multi-partner firms and run across all specialty areas of law including litigation, family law, bankruptcy, real estate, and much more.
Our virtual paralegals work with a high degree of autonomy and are responsible for developing relationships with our clients. Because we provide extremely attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications during business hours within one hour by email, phone, and text and be available to work on projects during the business day. All of this work is done remotely, meaning that you can work from home.
The selected candidate would be hired as a part-time employee of Equivity, not an independent contractor. We are looking for somebody who has at least 20 hours per week of availability, and the starting pay is $18.50 per hour. We are a growing business and are looking for a virtual paralegal who is excited to partner with us and is interested in a long-term role with our company.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Technologically savvy
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of recent experience working as a paralegal in a transactional practice
- Experience assisting with real estate closings
- Excellent writing skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience with engagement letters, client invoicing, correspondence, document review and preparation
- Experience drafting agreements from templates as well as from software that provides electronic forms
- Experience using practice management software, preferably Clio, PC Law, or Serengeti
- Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM – 6 PM, Monday – Friday Eastern and Central time
- Experience using law firm bookkeeping software for invoicing and timekeeping
- Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
- Quiet location in which to make and take phone calls
Company – Equivity
Website – https://www.equivityva.com/