Virtual Training Coordinator
Pay: $23.33 – $26.83 an hour
Full Job Description
Travis County Juvenile Probation Department is looking to hire a Virtual Training Coordinator to serve as an independent producer and/or production assistant for a variety of virtual events including webinars, virtual classrooms, large seminar events, and other virtual events. Provides technical support for Zoom or Microsoft Teams Meetings and participates in training webinars or similar webinar platform environments.
This job is distinguished from Training and Education Coordinators by the increased emphasis on remote training as opposed to classroom training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical coordination and support before and during the virtual classroom session.
- Responsible for the operation of the virtual classroom technical platform to deliver classes according to the various delivery methods.
- Responsible for training other virtual classroom services producers and instructors throughout the department on the use of technical platforms, the functions needed to produce a virtual classroom session and virtual instruction techniques.
- Provides support and advise to Instructional Designers and Course Designers on virtual course design.
- Schedule classes, breakout sessions, conferences.
- Prepares student automated welcome messages to include instructions for “tech checks”.
- Manages and loads most current courses and documents in the training invite or chat.
- Works with trainers to ensure learning materials are properly prepared, available and distributed according to the schedule/agenda provided.
- Monitors each class assigned to them to provide producer role assistance.
- Conducts “tech checks” with registered students three working days prior to class occurring.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, Organizational Development or a directly related field and three 3 years of professional work experience working with clients/customers on complex modern learning projects.
Any combination of education and experience that has been achieved and is equivalent to the stated education and experience and required knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this job.
Licenses, Registrations, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
Demonstrated professional experience in providing production support in virtual & classroom learning environments.
Experience working with other information technology professionals on joint projects.
High level of proficiency in automated application programs to include MS TEAMS & Zoom.
Experience with audio and video codecs and image file formats.
- Virtual training methods, techniques, procedures, equipment, and applications.
- Curriculum development and planning.
- Principles and practices of employee training, group process, group dynamics, and interpersonal relations.
- Effective scheduling and program delivery.
- Principles and practices of supervision and training.
- Working with information technology professionals.
- Evaluating the successfulness of virtual training courses.
- Working with and training large groups of people with diverse backgrounds.
- Design and production of virtual training courses.
- Effectively design and lead virtual training sessions.
- Manage time effectively.
- Communicate effectively via multiple mediums.
- Work seamlessly with course designers and instructors.
Work Environment & Other InformationPhysical requirements include the ability to lift/carry up to 20-50 pounds occasionally, visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination, and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer and office equipment. Subject to standing, walking, sitting, repetitive motion, reaching, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, pushing, pulling, balancing, client/customer contact, squatting to perform the essential functions.
Travis County employees play an important role in business continuity. As such, employees can be assigned to business continuity efforts outside of normal job functions.
This job description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities, and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Work Hours: Between 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM; Monday through Friday (29 Hours per week)
Works some nights and weekends.
Department: Juvenile Probation
Location: 2538 S. Congress Ave., Austin
Drug Test Required.
Criminal, Driving, Education, and Employment Background Check Required.
Company – Travis County
Website: https://www.traviscountytx.gov/Click Here to Apply