Pay: $15 an hour
Full Job Description
Position: Operations Assistant- Virtual Gatekeeper
Hours: 2:00pm – 7:00pm Monday-Thursday; 20 hours per week
Employment Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Founded in 1876, The Boys’ Club of New York (BCNY) is a youth development organization with the mission to empower boys and young men, ages 7 to 21, by providing effective programs and a supportive community. BCNY provides evidence-based programs to address the evolving social, emotional, health, creative, educational, and vocational needs of our members in meaningful, lasting ways. BCNY develops programs to cultivate positive qualities in members and strives to continually deepen and broaden our impact.
The Operations Assistant- Virtual Gatekeeper will perform a variety of duties to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of BCNY Virtual clubhouse activities during program hours.
- Record daily activity attendance for specific virtual programs
- Monitor and assist members and staff to appropriate Zoom breakout rooms
- Responsible for opening and closing specific Virtual Clubhouse activities with the support of facilitating staff members
- Monitor and positively interact with members at all times to ensure they are engaged
- Provide technology support for member and staff that are accessing the virtual clubhouse activities
- Use behavior management strategies to defuse inappropriate behavior virtually
- Attend mandatory professional development trainings
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary training or college credits, 6 months to 1 year related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated organizational/leadership ability
- Associate’s degree (A.A) preferred
- Experience working and/or volunteering in a camp, after-school or educational setting preferred
- First Aid and CPR certification desirable
The Boys’ Club of New York is an equal opportunity employer.
Company – Boys’ Club of New York
Website: https://www.bcny.org/Click Here to Apply