Education Consultant, Education & Training, Military, HR & Recruiting
JOIN OUR TEAM to assist and prepare over 200,000 Servicemen and women who separate annually from the United States Military begin a new life chapter as a civilian. Many of those who separate from the military have transition plans while others find becoming a civilian a daunting task. The Department of Labor (DOL) Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS) program requires contractor services to support these transitioning Servicemen and women through its highly successful Transition Assistance Program (TAP) that is offered world-wide to conduct job assistance workshops, employment counseling, apprenticeship program placements and employer outreach.
The DOL VETS TAP program is in need of experienced, skilled and passionate Virtual Employment Facilitators who have prior experience teaching / instructing Military personnel transition to civilian professional and vocational occupations; who are able to guide the transitioning Military Servicemembers in identifying goals while also assisting them with recognizing any employment or education gaps; who are organized and able to manage an office; who have experience providing transitioning Servicemembers (Active, Reserve, National Guard), family members, and Veterans a comprehensive understanding of preparing for civilian employment, job searching, job application processes, networking, technical training opportunities, credentialing, and assistance in preparing for civilian employment and participation in technical programs and schools; and, who can conduct large group instruction and provide counseling on the job search process.
The ideal Employment Facilitator candidate would have excellent time management skills, able to work independently, and able to respond to inquiries. The Employment Facilitator should have prior experience providing Military Servicemembers (Active, Reserve, National Guard), family members, and Veterans a comprehensive understanding of preparing for civilian employment, job searching, job application processes, networking, technical training opportunities, credentialing, and assistance in preparing for civilian employment and participation in technical programs and schools.
- An associate’s degree, any discipline from an accredited college or university or at least 3 years of experience as a professional trainer or facilitator.
- Previous experience which demonstrates understanding of private and public sector employment processes.
- Previous experience as a classroom instructor.
- Previous experience teaching via virtual platforms such as Zoom, WebEX or Adobe Connect.
- Knowledgeable of the workplace, jobs, and requirement for entry into those jobs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide training to groups with up to 50 participants: individual career counseling experience.
- Proficient in MS Windows and Office.
- Able to communicate effectively with Military clients, be comfortable instructing and speaking in front of a group, be observant of others, possess the ability to engage an audience, and respond to inquiries independently.
- Some travel may be required.
- May require extended hours, including weekdays, weekends, and some holidays, and be willing to perform administrative functions for the office.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Company – Serco Group