Full Job Description
AMDA College of the Performing Arts, with campuses in New York City and Hollywood, is one of the foremost post-secondary performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts, as well as two year AOS degree programs.
The Virtual DP/EDITOR will virtually location scout with students, create a pre-planned shot list with show directors, review lighting & technical tools available to students, and coach students through setting up frames, lighting, and tech specs, over Zoom. The Virtual DP/Editor will be involved in the show process from start to finish, attending weekly production meetings, setting filming schedules with the show’s Stage Manager, and editing and delivering the final presentation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: preparation, select rehearsals, all remote shoot days (as set by Stage Manager), and all editing. In this virtual process, many students may be working with remote scene partners, and may require “matching” one remote location to another while also being cognizant of eyelines, so that scenes can be edited together for a public screening.
The Virtual DP/Editor is accountable to the School for performing the following duties:
- Communicate with AMDA Production coordinators and administration as required or necessary.
- Provide guidance and direction on technical execution for high quality output
- Prepare pre-production details as requested
- Provide guidance for camera placement, frame, composition, and lighting from a technical and creative standpoint, remotely coaching actors in capturing the best product possible within the provided constraints (ie: use of audio, laptop/iphone technology, framing, eyeline, etc..); assist in leading acting students to look and perform their best on camera
- Maintain availability for, and attend, assigned shoot dates, based on student casts’ availabilities and class schedules
- Work within students’ available resources for location and lighting
- Work within the given time constraints; coordinate with the Stage Manager to assure all filming is completed within the given timeframe
- All editing from stringouts to final presentation (inclusive of basic sound and color)
- Listen, accept, and implement to the best of their ability, any notes from the show’s Director or Producer(s); one round of notes per edit – rough, fine, and final
- Delivery of final presentation and project files
- Provide software and equipment necessary for editing
- Due to a variety of points, maintain confidence of the final product unless otherwise requested
- Follow all overtime and meal break policies as communicated
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
- 1 – 2 years of previous experience in a similar position
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere CC, Final Cut Pro X, or DaVinci Resolve (Premiere CC or FCPX preferred)
- Knowledge of basic smartphone filmmaking, and troubleshooting for various smartphone models
- Familiarity with Zoom settings, and basic troubleshooting for Zoom
- Can provide software and equipment with specifications necessary for editing
- Must have a reliable internet connection
- Reel strongly encouraged
- Teaching experience preferred
- Flexible attitude; friendly customer service skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be reliable to shooting assignments once confirmed (typically nights and weekends)
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V
Company – AMDA
Website: https://www.amda.edu/?Click Here to Apply