Viewer Services Clerk
Pay: $13.50 an hour
Full Job Description
Provide excellent customer service to viewers calling in to inquire about programming. Promptly answer phones and respond to emails/mail. Utilize database to access and update member accounts, enter donations and pull reports. Troubleshoot programming issues and record all program feedback and comments. Assist in processing incoming and outgoing mailings to members. Work within the membership team to assist in fundraising activities.
Recognized as one of the leading public television stations in the country, PBS Utah is committed to serving the Utah community through diverse local productions, K-12 educational programs, and community engagement. PBS Utah works to provide the people of Utah and surrounding areas with relevant programming and services while upholding core values of integrity, fairness, independence, education, and innovation.
This candidate should have a commitment to the core values of PBS Utah and have the ability to be mindful of the diverse voices and lived experiences in our community that that broaden perceptions and find common ground.
Both on campus and remote work will be part of this job position.
This is a Category I position: Mandatory Required on Campus or at Health Care Facilities.
Main Campus staff: Employees and/or functions designated as mandatory, requiring employees to be physically located on campus in order to maintain campus systems and operations if they are healthy without COVID symptoms.
U of U Health Academics Faculty and Staff: All employees necessary for the direct on-site support of clinical operations, patient care, and essential research activities if they are healthy without COVID-19 symptoms.Responsibilities
Maintaining monthly viewer log, knowledgeable about programs and schedule, work closely with programming department to troubleshoot reception and/or technical issues, respond to all inquiries within membership department, provide excellent customer service to viewers and promptly respond to emails/mail on a daily basis.
- Maintain monthly viewer log and be knowledgeable about PBS Utah programs and schedule.
- Provide support and assistance to the PBS Utah Membership office by processing, maintaining, and updating member donations and records.
- Maintain a high level of data integrity within PBS Utah’s development database.
- Work closely with membership clerks to handle other responsibilities within the membership department.
- Consistently produce neat, thorough, complete, and accurate work.
- Be prompt and consistent with attendance, punctuality, and assignment completion.
- Display professionalism, honesty, enthusiasm, and dedication.
- Support the goals and mission of the department and organization.
- This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment. Both on campus and remote work will be part of this job position.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.Minimum Qualifications
One year of general office experience, or equivalency; effective communication skills, and a commitment to provide excellent customer service required.
- Word processing, data entry, and/or customer service experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Efficient typing skills and speed (45+ WPM).
- High level of professional courtesy and communication skills
- Ability to use time and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Lifting up to 30lbs, carting up to 200 lbs.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.Preferences
Experience in customer service, data entry, and PC applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and other computer applications preferred. Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Spanish language skills preferred.Special Instructions Summary
Company – University of Utah
Website: https://www.utah.edu/Click Here to Apply