Bilingual, Translation, French, Japanese
Duolingo is looking for a tech-savvy Japanese to French translator who is a native speaker of French. If you have some linguistic training, translation experience, and would like to get involved in the Duolingo content creation process, this position is perfect for you. A strong knowledge of English is also required.
Translate our learning content from Japanese to French
Review Japanese to French translations
- Strong interest in the mission of Duolingo
- Native fluency in both spoken and written French
- Native or near-native fluency in both spoken and written Japanese
- Linguistic training or familiarity with the different parts of speech
- Experience working with and writing formulas in Google Spreadsheets
- Ability to learn fast working with new tools as needed
- Ability to work 30-40 hours a week.
- This project is expected to last ~4-6 months.
Duolingo is the world’s largest online language learning platform, with over 300 million users. Our apps were selected by Apple as “iPhone App of the Year” and by “Google as Best of the Best for Android”, 2 years in a row. Unlike other online education platforms, Duolingo is a completely digital experience meaning it requires constant interaction and is native to computers / mobile platforms.
We’re funded by some of the world’s most prestigious venture capital firms, the investors behind Google, Twitter, and Tumblr. Duolingo is a spinoff from Carnegie Mellon University’s School of Computer Science. Luis von Ahn, co-founder and CEO of Duolingo, is a MacArthur fellow, Carnegie Mellon University professor, and the inventor of CAPTCHA.
Company – Duolingo
Website – https://www.duolingo.com/