Do you feel passionate about studying abroad, and in the U.S. in particular? Would you like to help young generations to achieve their dream to study and succeed in the U.S.? Perfect! We are looking for a committed, responsible, self-motivated, and driven individual who would be thrilled to be the main point of contact with universities in the U.S. You can become a key team member that has exposure to all the stages of our students’ processes. Before the sale is made, you will be providing support to the salesforce and prospect customers on what can be achieved and what not in the U.S.
After the sale is made, you will be in charge of leading the efforts to find the best universities that fit the student’s profile and preferences. Then, you will become the main point of contact for Student Application Support who will be helping students meet the specific university requirements. You will be managing relationships with universities (e.g. managing partnership agreements, setting up expectations, etc.). You could work from anywhere in the world but ideally you can adapt to U.S. time zone so that your interaction with U.S. universities becomes easier.
What your responsibilities will be:(include, but are not limited to)
- Interact with salesforce and prospect customers to address any questions they have. Typical questions are such as: “I want to study Math in the South, my GPA is 3.5, expected SAT is 1,200, my budget is $13,000, etc. can Epro 360 help out, and if so how?” .
- Communicate with universities and leverage our existing database of hundreds of universities and programs in order to create a customized listing of universities and scholarships for the students.
- Research outside of our internal database in order to find the right universities and scholarships that meet students’ profiles and preferences.
- Advise salesforce, students, and parents on questions regarding the universities, requirements, etc.
- Create a checklist that list all the requirements to be met by students to gain admission and obtain scholarship.
- Track the progress made on each student’s application in our CRM system and report Management on a regular basis.
- Seek for and maintain partnerships with educational institutions in the U.S.
What we offer:A fair payment.
A fair payment based on your performance and the amount of students you are dealing with, and potentially a negotiable fixed salary. Our philosophy is that we want everybody to adopt a self-employed mindset in our organization, even our accountant.Opportunity to work from home.
Opportunity to work from home and with a flexible schedule. However, please note that most days you will need to communicate with university representatives so you need to be able to work under U.S. time zone. Also, note that you will sometimes need to communicate with the salesforce, student, parents, or management so you need to be flexible enough to adjust your availability based on your customer’s preferences.Access to a network of ambitious peers around the world.
Access to a network of ambitious peers around the world who share same values, and who will enhance your professional opportunities worldwide within, and outside of Epro 360.Creative environment that welcomes new ideas.
Creative environment that welcomes new ideas (even failures), which will allow you to reach your full potentialTraining in communication and sales skills.
Training in communication and sales skills, so you can become a better communicator, sales person, and business professional.
What we look for in a candidate:
- English Language: You need to possess an excellent level (written and spoken) of the English language in order to appropriately communicate with the rest of the Epro 360 team and students.
- Aptitude for using new technologies (e.g. our CRM, google drive, google docs, WhatsApp etc.).
- Additional Languages: Knowledge of a second language is not required but often helpful. If you enjoy travelling and want to advance your career, your chances of being relocated or being promoted to become an Area Leader (i.e. responsibility for a group of countries) will increase if you know more than English. This will also allow you to grow your income from sales commissions.
- Attention to details. The level of details in some steps of the process (e.g. review of the documentation) is high. For instance, if we make a mistake in the review of the documentation presented to a University, this can have serious consequences not only for that student but also to the Company on the overall (e.g. bad reviews, lack of referrals, etc.).
- Ability to work independently & responsibly: Freedom to work anywhere you want and at the times that you want requires you to be diligent and responsible on getting things done and meeting deadlines.
- Time management: We want to empower our team members as much as possible. This is why we focus on performance instead of requiring to work a minimum of hours. We invite you to be the owner for Epro 360 in your region. It will be up to you to schedule your time wisely. However, if you want to manage Epro 360’s responsibilities with another part-time or full-time job, you will need to prove that you have prior experience managing different tasks and responsibilities at the same time.
- U.S. Experience: Because of the many complexities of the admission process in U.S. institutions, we would prefer if you have experienced the “American Educational System” (e.g. undergraduate or master’s degree or at least a semester abroad in the U.S.).
- Ability to transmit energy and a fun “can do” attitude to other members of the team.
- Master this!: http://gyshido.com/
- Most importantly: feel passionate about helping Epro 360 to achieve its mission and vision.
Company – Epro360