Bustle is seeking a remote, part-time TV Writer to contribute to the site’s Entertainment vertical at least two days per week.
Writers should have extensive knowledge of pop culture, strong news judgment and voice, and the ability to write quickly and cleanly. Writers will have an opportunity to write about all kinds of television, including true crime, dramas, genre shows, reality TV, and comedies.
Ideal candidates should have at least 2+ years of professional experience in reporting and writing, ideally with a background in the entertainment or TV space. Applicants should have an established appetite for television, yet be willing to branch out and watch new shows regularly. Applicants should also be familiar with SEO best practices and have a willingness to write comprehensive research posts that service the reader. An enthusiasm for and demonstrated experience in writing reported features and essays from an inclusive and feminist perspective is encouraged
Writers should be willing and available for interviews and live coverage as needed.
- Report to weekly shifts
- Closely follow TV news and trends, and pitch relevant stories
- Report and write TV service articles and weekly interviews and features
- Interview talent, showrunners, and other industry experts
- Contribute to live coverage as needed
- A demonstrated interest in TV and pop culture
- 2+ years of journalism and writing/reporting experience
- A strong voice and innovative ideas
- Pitch-perfect news judgement
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Availability to work remotely at least two days a week M-F, six hour shifts each day (EST)
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.
Company – Bustle