Tutor of GCSE & Functional Skills English
Full Job Description
GCSE courses are generally 2.5 HOURS PER WEEK contact time, PER COURSE plus an additional 2.5 hours per week non-contact time, per course, in relation to
planning and session preparation/evaluation, embedding and tracking assessment to
inform ongoing planning and further assessment activity.Functional Skills courses are generally, 2.25 HOURS PER WEEK contact time, PERCOURSE plus an additional 2.25 hours per week non-contact time, per course, inrelation to planning and session preparation/evaluation, embedding and trackingassessment to inform ongoing planning and further assessment activity.
- Our GCSE courses usually run for 31 weeks, however, this year we have delayed the start of our GCSE course and so the course will run for only 29 weeks. There is the potential to deliver 1-2 courses per academic year for the successful candidate. Any additional sessions/tutorials required may take place online or during college holidays. Mock examinations/assessments will take place at various points throughout the course and in various settings (including online).
- Our Functional Skills courses usually run for 31 weeks with the potential to deliver 1-2 courses per academic year for the successful candidate. Any additional sessions/tutorials required may take place online or during college holidays. Mock examinations/assessments will take place at various points throughout the course and in various settings (including online).
Fixed term for: 31 weeks per course
Closing date: Sunday 20 June 2021
Interview date: w/c Monday 05 July or Monday 12 July 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact: Catherine Collingwood/Dominique Greenwood, Business Development Team, please email email@example.com with your contact details and preferred contact times.
ACRES Adult Learning are looking for tutors who have a passion for facilitating learning and assessment, sharing their knowledge and skills and building confidence in all students, along with a willingness to continually improve their own skills.
Our whole team takes great pride in everything we do to ensure high-quality learning outcomes, taking into account individual needs to ensure every one of our students is equipped and supported to meet and often exceed, their goals and ambitions.
What unites each and every one of us is a passion for making a difference and enabling lifelong learning for everyone. We continually work together to develop our knowledge, skills and approaches to ensure we maintain a learning organisation that is equipped to provide current, high-quality learning opportunities for all our students enabling them to achieve their goals and progress to their chosen next steps, embracing technology and new teaching, learning and assessment strategies along the way.
We are are particularly looking for tutors who are energetic, visionary, professional and caring to join us in working together in a successful, supportive environment, maintaining a thirst for continual development to ensure we provide the very best for our students and our partners; an environment where all staff and students feel valued, supported and empowered to achieve the best possible outcomes.All successful applicants will be expected to offer online, face-to-face and blended learning opportunities in response to demand and in line with current guidelines for the provision of learning.Location:Current vacancies are for online courses and in the following locations. Candidates must state on their application form in which locations they can deliver courses.
- GCSE English Online – A weekday morning, from 9.30 am – 12.00 pm, starting in September 2021
- GCSE English Hailsham / Heathfield – Tuesday/Thursday evening, from 6.30pm – 9.00pm, starting in September 2021
- GCSE English Battle starting in September 2022
- Functional Skills English Online – A weekday evening, from 6.45pm – 9.00pm, starting in September 2021
- Functional Skills English Uckfield – A weekday morning, from 9.45 am – 12.00 pm, a weekday evening, from 6.45pm – 9.00pm, starting in September 2021
- Functional Skills English Hailsham / Heathfield starting in September 2022
Course viability is based on student demand. Due to the nature of a rural college we are looking for flexibility in delivering community courses in different locations as well as online. The location of courses can be variable depending on student demand across our area, so it is crucial that applicants state where they are willing to deliver.The ratio of GCSE and Functional Skills courses can vary each year and so we are ideally looking for tutors that can deliver both curriculums.You will need to be an experienced tutor of English with proven experience of teaching and assessing GCSE and Functional Skills English. You will need to be qualified to at least A-level in English and have a formal teaching qualification. You will also be very proficient in IT skills, in the context of planning, delivering and assessing learning, with proven experience of teaching online and using online learning and assessment tools.Knowledge and experience of working with diverse groups of adult learners, some of whom may have additional learning/support needs, is desirable.You will also be required to participate in various meetings throughout the year to collaborate and share ideas with peers, engage in professional development and business development discussions as well as meetings to ensure compliance and best practice in delivering and assessing accredited qualifications. Participation in these activities will be paid as additional hours.
- Job Description and Person Specification [pdf]
- Application Pack [pdf]
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. Please note that we require evidence of an overseas police check if you have lived or worked abroad.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
- Job reference
- Various including online
- £22,299 to £22,944 pro-rata
- Closing date
- 20 June 2021
- Contract type
- Fixed Term
- Work pattern
- Term Time only – Part time
- Job type
- Education and Learning
Company – East Sussex County Council
Website: https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/Click Here to Apply