Editing, News & Journalism
To be discussed.
Mic is looking for an editor who understands the fast-paced entertainment news cycle, who can provide edit support to our Arts desk. This four month, part-time contract position is a pivotal editing role that requires a relentless obsession with entertainment news, as well as a deep grasp of news trends and news cycles.
You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day editing and publishing of several writers, working with our reporters to identify, produce and distribute engaging, smart, and cutting-edge stories that can reach millions of people. You should be eager to write yourself, and act as a player/coach to the rest of the team. You should understand how readers reach entertainment news through Google search and be able to drive traffic through SEO.
This is a four-month part-time contract position and editors are required to work remotely.
Manage the day-to-day workflow of reporters
Identify, assign, edit and publish at least 10 articles per day
Write one or two items per day, depending on coverage needs
Monitor real-time trends on the social web, staying on top of minute-by-minute new developments
Work with reporters to manage and assist the reporting process on original stories
Work closely with the audience team, specifically the search team, to ensure stories are engaging and will resonate with Google
– Understanding of SEO and how Google search can drive traffic
– Previous editorial experience at a high-volume online publication or news outlet
– An astonishing attention to detail in copy
– Ability to provide productive feedback in a fast-paced setting
– Ability to assign stories with a clear angle
– Writing clips from online publications
– Voracious reader of entertainment news
– Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
– Creative, independent, and outside-the-box thinking
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply