Editing, SEO & SEM, Writing, Online Content
To be discussed.
Mic is looking for an editor who understands the complex world of personal finance, money policy and financial institutions who can provide edit support to our Money desk. This three-to-four month, part-time contract position is a pivotal editing role that requires a relentless obsession with money issues, as well as a deep grasp of the nuances underlying the financial news of the day.
You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day editing and publishing of several writers, working with our reporters to identify, produce and distribute engaging, smart, and cutting-edge stories that can reach millions of people. You should be eager to write yourself, and act as a player/coach to the rest of the team. You should understand how readers reach financial news through Google search and be able to drive traffic through SEO.
This is a part-time contract position and editors are required to work remotely.
– Manage the day-to-day workflow of reporters
– Identify, assign, edit and publish at least eight articles per day
– Write one or two items per day, depending on coverage needs
– Monitor real-time trends on the social web, staying on top of minute-by-minute new developments
– Work with reporters to manage and assist the reporting process on original and aggregated stories
– Work closely with the audience team, specifically the search team, to ensure stories are engaging and will resonate with Google
– Understanding of SEO and how Google search can drive traffic
– Previous editorial experience at a high-volume online publication or news outlet
– An astonishing attention to detail in copy
– Ability to provide productive feedback in a fast-paced setting
– Ability to assign stories with a clear angle
– Writing clips from online publications
– Voracious reader of financial news
– Amazing personal Twitter feed
– Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
Creative, independent, and outside-the-box thinking
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply