LFDCS supports the holistic development of its students by providing a high-quality out-of-school time (OST) programs and Remote Learning that balances academic support, academic challenge and enrichment opportunities that encourage students to explore ideas, skills and places beyond the school day.The Remote Learning Assistant works directly with an assigned class of approximately 10-12 students, acting as a positive adult role mode, and mentor to support remote learning assignments and enrichment activities.
- Serve as a positive adult role model for children in the program through appropriate dress, speech and attitude
- Assist students to be successful learners
- Be an active member of the Remote Learning Academy by helping the educational needs of students as directed by the Enrichment and Remote Learning Director.
- Create an engaging environment that fosters a sense of belonging and welcoming to students
- Support students in making positive behavior choices and take disciplinary measures when appropriate
- Engage students by following, implementing and assisting in enrichment planning.
- Ensure student safety by assisting in set up, break down and ongoing maintenance in an effort to keep the site clean and orderly
- Maintain student safety by taking roll calls and reviewing sign-in/ sign-outs for students
- Identify student needs and communicate to Enrichment and Remote Learning Director
- Commit to a full-year program, demonstrated by arriving on time, every day and completing time cards appropriately
- Participate in staff meetings and training as needed
- Accompany students to and from buildings as necessary
- Maintain highest degree of confidentiality in staff, student and volunteer matters
- Complies with organization and program policies and follows procedures
- Perform other tasks as directed by Enrichment and Remote Learning Director.
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Experience in a school or youth development program setting
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of effective youth enrichment activities to support mental and physical development
- Technology skills for supporting the use of online educational tools and applications which iincludes Schoology, Clever and Microsoft Suite.
- Flexibility and reliability
- Commitment to the specific mission and goals of LFDCS
- Experience working with urban students of Hispanic backgrounds preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work as a positive team member
Company -Lawrence Family Development Charter School