Law Enforcement, Transcription
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Net Transcripts specializes in the verbatim transcription of multi-speaker recordings involving two or more persons. The recordings we transcribe include interviews, interrogations, witness statements, phone conversations, administrative hearings and more. These recordings are often confidential or sensitive in nature and need to be returned reliably and accurately. If you value innovation, hard work and fun as much as we do, we invite you to join our team!
Vendors / independent contractors who can transcribe audio content of criminal investigations, internal affairs, and various law enforcement audios. Contractors must have prior verbatim, multi-speaker transcription experience. The most successful candidates will have experience transcribing for a law enforcement agency (police department, sheriff’s department, etc.), court reporting experience, or similar. Whether you want to transcribe full-time or part-time, we have more than enough work to go around.
New orders are available Monday through Friday with turnarounds that vary from same day to 5 business days. The majority of our orders are 3 business days. Our order pool allows you to choose orders that fit into your schedule — displaying length of audio and turnaround for each order. You may claim anywhere from a couple orders a week up to fully booking yourself a “full-time” amount of orders.
A full criminal background check is required for individuals completing this work.
There is an initial assessment period before any vendor is able to complete client work. Therefore, it is essential that you have prior Law Enforcement transcription or court reporting experience and are able to proof your work to be at least 98% accurate.
MEDICAL TRANSCRIBERS: If your experience is with Medical transcription only, your application will not be considered for this opportunity. Please apply or register for future openings for our General transcription or LE Dictation opportunity which will be a better fit for your experience.
1. You must be a citizen of the United States, residing in the United States. Note: Due to legislative restrictions, residents of California and Massachusetts are not eligible for this opportunity.
2. You must be willing and able to begin immediately
3. You must be able to pass a full criminal background check
4. You must have prior multi-speaker transcription experience. The most successful candidates will have experience transcribing multi-speaker audios for a law enforcement agency (police department, sheriff’s department, etc.) or court reporting experience **We may also consider other legal transcription experience**
5. You must type 80 words per minute
6. You must have excellent grammar and proofreading skills
7. You must be able to type and then proof your documents to 98% accuracy
8. You must have a PC that can run a transcription software package of your choosing
9. You must have a high speed Internet connection
10. You must demonstrate strong computer literacy and be proficient with MS Word
11. You must be able to open Excel documents (proficiency not needed)
12. You must be able to proficiently use Search Engines, a Web browser and email
13. You must use good quality headphones (preferably noise canceling) and a foot pedal for audio playback. *Please note that an Infinity brand foot pedal will soon be required in order to interface with our system. We expect this to take effect before the end of March 2019.