At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Purpose: Transcribers listen to audio responses from students in grades 2-12 and using specific transcription notation, transcribe word for word the students’ utterance. The work is very detail oriented and meticulous. Successful transcribers have an interest in language, a good ‘ear’, and enjoy the challenge of deciphering spoken audio responses.
* English fluency (must read, write, and speak fluently)
* Some post-secondary education
* Meticulous, careful personality with attention to detail
* Typing speed of 55 WPM
* Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours/week
* Those w/ availability to work more may do so, up to 40 hrs weekly
* Previous transcription experience
* Bachelor’s degree
* Language training
* Linguistics education
* Teaching experience in ESL or English
* Knowledge of Spanish
* Qualified candidates must successfully pass a transcription/writing test to be considered for this project.
* Employees selected for project who do not successfully pass training will not continue to the live transcription portion of the project.
* Training hours are paid at an $15/hourly rate as is the transcription work.
* Candidates who successfully pass training will need to have availability to work a minimum of 20 hours of work per week ( required.)
* This is a temporary, hourly paid, non benefit eligible, part-time project with the ability to work from home.
* Only candidates currently residing in the U.S. are eligible to work on this project.
* Technical/Hardware requirements:
* Earphones/headset, see Headset recommendations
* Internet connection
* Computer (PC or Mac)
* Internet Browser: Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox ESR, the non-64 bit version.