Pay: $18 an hour
Full Job Description
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Transcribers listen to audio responses from adult English speakers with a wide range of proficiency and transcribe the speaker’s utterances word for word, using specific transcription notation. The work is very detail-oriented and meticulous. Successful transcribers have an interest in language, have a “good ear,” and enjoy the challenge of deciphering spoken audio responses.
The first project will start mid-February 2021, with a projected duration of 3-4 months.
Training hours as well as actual transcription hours are paid at a rate of $18/hour.
- Qualified candidates must successfully pass a training period
- Employees selected for the project who do not successfully pass training will not continue in the project
- Candidates who successfully pass training will need to have availability for approximately 20 hours of work per week
- This is a temporary, hourly paid, non-benefit eligible, part-time project with the ability to work from home
- Only candidates currently residing in the U.S. are eligible to work on this project
Preferred transcriber qualifications:
- English fluency (must listen, read, write fluently and accurately)
- Some post-secondary education, preferably Bachelor’s degree
- Meticulous, careful personality with attention to detail
- Typing speed of 55 WPM
- Ability to work approx. 20 hours/week
- Previous transcription experience
- Teaching experience in ESL or English
- Linguistics education
- Internet connection
- Computer (PC or Mac)
- Internet Browser: Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox ESR (the non-64-bit version)
Primary Location: US-RE-Remote
Work Locations: US-Remote Remote
Job: Professional Development
Organization: Assessments Clinical
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 15, 2021
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Part-time Regular
Req ID: 2100433
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Company – Pearson
Website: https://www.pearson.com/Click Here to Apply