Our goal is to help people care for their dogs with kindness and compassion. That means we only write about positive training methods – no punishment or “alpha dog” methods!
We always take a “dog first” approach to caring for a dog. This means we teach owners how to understand their dog’s behavior and the importance of positive training methods. It also means that we only make recommendations or give advice that benefits the dog.
All articles are thoroughly researched, backed by scientific evidence, and provide practical information for the average dog owner. Topics range from dog training to canine health, and we also write in-depth buyer’s guides.
We’re looking for writers who are passionate about dogs and who can deliver 10,000 words each month.
Initially, you’ll be writing guides to specific pet products, such as beds or crates. Your job will be to research the products and write mini-reviews about their pros and cons, while relating the points back to your own experiences and opinions.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Research a given topic using high quality sources. You will often be given a detailed outline, but will still be expected to perform your own research
- Research specific products mentioned in the outline using various sources (guidelines and examples will be provided)
- Ensure that all content matches The Dog Clinic’s ethos
- Write content that provides real value to readers and isn’t just a rehash of the top Google results
- Follow the provided article briefs and style guides closely
- Present evidence-based information in an easy-to-understand format
- Work with the editor to make article revisions as required
- Respond quickly to team communications
What We’re Looking For
I’m looking for experienced writers who are:
- Passionate about dogs and their welfare. We’re only looking for writers who believe in treating dogs with kindness, love, and respect
- Have written dog-related articles and can provide samples with a byline (you will receive a byline when writing for us)
- Ideally have professional or volunteer experience working with dogs
- Able to write at least 10,000 words per month
- Capable of performing in-depth research on both products and informational topics
- Native English speaker
- Has impeccable grammar and spelling
- Can write in an engaging tone
- Competitive Rates: 6 cents per word
- Regular monthly workload
- Flexible deadlines
- Each article
Company – The Dog Clinic