Communications, Social Media, Marketing, Online Marketing
Workman Publishing is seeking a dynamic, motivated and talented Brain Quest Social Media Community Manager to join our Digital Marketing team on a part-time basis. If you are a tech-savvy professional with experience with social media, audience development, community engagement, and marketing or public relations, we would like to meet you.
Acting as the digital voice and leader for Brain Quest, America’s #1 educational bestseller, with more than 45 million workbooks and decks in print, the Brain Quest Social Media Community Manager will develop and moderate a highly interactive Brain Quest Facebook group of parents, caregivers, and educators, as well as find new ways to engage the Brain Quest digital community across social media and newsletter platforms. The Community Manager will leverage their exceptional communication, community engagement, web, and email marketing skills to develop smart, approachable and engaging content for the Brain Quest channels.
The Community Manager will also be collaborating to create weekly and monthly digital media reporting, helping to distill our learnings, drive optimization, enhance audience development, and advance programmatic priorities and strategic planning for the brand.
Reports to the Director of Marketing.
Commitment Level: Approximately 20-25 hours per week, offsite
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Launch, develop and moderate a vibrant Brain Quest closed Facebook group for parents, caregivers, and educators designed for community members to share learning resources, tips, information, and advice within the education space.
- Run the Brain Quest Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages, with input into the Workman Kids & Parenting newsletter and the possibility of launching a dedicated brand newsletter.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing team to develop, maintain, and provide oversight of the Brain Quest social media editorial calendar.
- Work to develop social media and communication campaigns to align with digital strategy.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing team to create weekly and monthly digital media reporting helping to distill learnings, enhance audience development and community engagement, and drive optimization and advance programmatic priorities.
- Write engaging copy, design creative assets (including image and video content), and actively moderate and engage the Brain Quest social media communities.
- Respond to followers’ comments and queries in a timely and helpful manner.
- Monitor and report on feedback across Brain Quest social media channels.
- Organize and participate in events to build digital community and boost brand awareness where applicable.
- Coordinate with the Digital Marketing team to ensure brand consistency.
- Track all metrics associated with social media engagement and growth including Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Facebook and Instagram Analytics, etc.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- College degree, or equivalent work experience 5+ years of relevant experience with social media community management.
- Passion for education and children’s learning
- Self starter and detail oriented
- Passion for creating and consuming all types of content: new social platforms, blogs, podcasts, etc.
- Experience managing complex projects with multiple interdependencies and diverse stakeholders
- Proven experience with audience and community development, driving awareness and growth of social media channels, and growing sales
- Have a detailed knowledge of the social media platforms and their portfolio of products
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands
- Experience using design programs such as Canva or Photoshop to design creative assets
- Preferred ability to take high-quality photos and videos
- Preferred experience in the family, parenting, and/or education spac
- Preexisting connections with educators, parenting media, and influencers in the parenting space a plus
- Strong demonstrated analytical skills, as well as impeccable verbal and written communication skills
Hours & Location: M-F, approximately 20-25 hours/week. Workman Publishing is based in New York, NY but this position can work offsite from home anywhere in the US.
Company – Workman Publishing