Communications, Entertainment & Media, Event Planning, Military, Marketing, Project Management
To be discussed.
For nearly 75 years, the USO has been the nation’s leading organization to serve the men and women in the U.S. military, and their families, throughout their time in uniform. From the moment they join, through their assignments and deployments, and as they transition back to their communities, the USO is always by their side.
Today’s USO continuously adapts to the needs of our men and women in uniform and their families, so they can focus on their very important mission. We operate USO centers at or near military installations across the United States and throughout the world, including in combat zones, and even un-staffed USO service sites in places too dangerous for anyone but combat troops to occupy.
The Temporary Entertainment Specialist is responsible for supporting the planning, preparation and implementation of USO tours and events.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Duties)
* Coordinate, support and monitor the planning and implementation of a high volume and wide variety of USO tours and events worldwide. Create, update and maintain pre- and post-tour references, including electronic tour folders, tour books, timelines, schedules/deadlines, progress reports, event financials and after-action reports.*
* Assist the Vice President, Entertainment with preparation and execution of event contracts and tour details.
* Coordinate travel and lodging arrangements, invoicing, and check requests.*
* As designated by Vice President, Entertainment, serve as primary point of contact/liaison for internal and external stakeholders, including representatives from Armed Forces Entertainment. Serve as Emergency Contact for active tours.*
* Publicize current and prior USO tour and event information, including but not limited to celebrity-related appearances and online development messaging to the general public using a variety of distribution channels, including social medial networks. Coordinate with internal USO Communications staff to fact-check entertainment-related press releases.*
* Assist with research and monitoring of celebrity publicity trends, events and social media postings.
* Organize and maintain electronic and paper documentation. Produce and prepare narrative and statistical reports, program updates and event metrics. Assist with preparation of expense reports.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field.
* 5 years work experience, preferably in a program/project support role in the sports or entertainment industry.
* Relevant experience in a not-for-profit, multicultural, corporate and/or global organization preferred.
* Working knowledge of music, TV, film, sports, pop culture. General awareness of complex cultural sensitivities of a variety of domestic and international locations.
* Ability to work collaboratively on a high-performing team. Ability to adapt and adjust to a rapidly changing environment with little or no advance notice.
* Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate to a diverse audience at a variety of levels using multiple channels with diplomacy, tact and poise.
* Knowledge of various software programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
* SharePoint and Outlook. Prior experience using social media and online communication tools in a business environment preferred.
* Strong interpersonal, customer service and problem-solving skills. Ability to interact with USO Leadership, the general public and military audiences at a variety of levels with integrity and professionalism. [Ability to manage and influence external vendor relationships.]
* Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects.
* Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise.
* Must show initiative, self-motivation, and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities. Ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs.
* Ability to achieve desired results while working collaboratively in a team environment.
* Ability to perform basic [math and follow proper cash/donation handling and reporting procedures, business/accounting functions including project management and budget reconciliation].
* Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials necessary to access USO Center locations and facilities including but not limited to security, credit and/or background screening, SOFA status, valid driver’s license.
Must be a strong advocate of the USO’s mission