Writing, Technical Writing, Computer & IT
Contractor or Temporary
This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025
- We love what we do. We do what is right. We are always reaching.
- We adhere to our brand promise to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
We’re looking for a technically-minded communicator empathetic and curious. Must be energetic and highly organized. You’ll be part creator, part editor, part shepherd and part project manager. You will evaluate documentation requirements for device hardware and mobile and web-based applications, then create installation guides, user guides, online help docs, and assist with internal training documents. You’ll work with internal stakeholders and SMEs to collect content, compile and format into appropriate structures, edit and clarify to provide the best possible user experience. You reflect Spireon’s core values:
Our Customers Come First – We are committed to our customer’s success and growth
We Lead through Innovation – We are passionate about bringing the best solutions to our customers through thought leadership and technology excellence.
We Win As One – We leverage each other’s strengths; we support each other; we don’t give up.
We Act With Integrity – We operate with integrity in all that we do; we are transparent and accountable to our customers and each other.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and SMEs to collect technical documentation input and content.
- Write, edit, format, and continually improve installation guides, reference manuals, user guides, online content, and related technical materials, documentation and publications using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Illustrator or similar design and publishing tools.
- Create and/or oversee creation of technical illustrations
- Prepare release notes and installation training documentation
- Organize and manage the development and maintenance of complex technical software documentation.
- Apply design and style guides to existing documentation to ensure consistent look and feel across documentation library.
- Manage project needs in terms of custom product and technical documentation.
- Participate in release planning including writing, editing, publication and distribution of hardcopy and softcopy documentation and other media.
- 3-5 years of experience in the field in technical writing experience, preferably with hardware products
- The ability to distill technical information to non-technical personnel
- Self-starter that can work independently and exercise judgment on a regular basis with minimal oversight along with a can-do attitude with a willingness to take a hands-on approach.
- Must be self-motivated and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Thrive in a deadline-driven, team-oriented environment as well as working independently and managing your own workload
- Experience with MS Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar publishing tools
- Ability to quickly learn and gain in-depth understanding of existing and new products and services
- Technical illustrator experience/skills is a plus
- Experience with Telematics or Connected Car technology is a plus
Company – Spireon
Website – https://www.spireon.com/