SEO & SEM, Software Development, Web Design, IT Consulting
Love the riddles and challenges of Technical SEO, but not the client relations & self-promotion aspects of landing your own clients?
Let’s team up!
We’re CanIRank, a 100% distributed digital marketing agency with a unique model that combines the best of machine learning-based software and a team of dynamic specialists working from home to collaborate on interesting and challenging client projects without the overhead of a traditional agency.
We’re looking for 1 or 2 freelance Technical SEO Consultants to complement our existing team. For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to complement your client work with some steady hours (without all the client relations overhead) while collaborating with (and learning from!) top-notch SEOs who have managed successful campaigns for companies like Dell, Urban Outfitters, AdBlock, and VitaminShoppe.
Technical SEO Consultants are key players on every client team, serving as our go-to experts on tricky technical SEO questions that come up in our work with a largely startup, ecommerce, and SME clientele.
Here’s what your typical week might look like:
- Monday: conduct a thorough technical audit for a new startup client using your favorite crawler
- Tuesday: recommend and implement a solution for a client with 4,000 tag archive pages on their WordPress blog
- Wednesday: hold a training for our consultant team explaining how to prioritize site speed recommendations according to the balance between impact and implementation difficulty
- Thursday: setup a reverse proxy to rewrite URLs so a client can host their blog on a subdomain but make it look to users and search engines like it’s hosted on a subdirectory
- Friday: take off for the mountains; this is a flex-time job after all!
This is a remote work, flex-time, freelance role. Most of our clients are startups and small businesses, so your wholesale rate should be in the $20-30 / hr range to be competitive. (“Wholesale” = rate when collaborating with an agency who handles overhead such as sales, marketing, client relations, billing, legal, etc… Usually about 50% of your “Retail” or direct client rate.)
Other perks include paid training, team culture events, performance bonuses, and the opportunity to work with (and learn from) some pretty badass digital marketers! If you enjoy working with us and clients appreciate your work, there is potential to move into a full-time employee role including a comprehensive benefits package.
- 1-5 years relevant professional work experience
- Knowledge of HTML/ CSS, WordPress, web hosting, SSL, DNS, .htacess, and any other geeky acronyms would probably come in handy
- Knowledge of Technical SEO and a desire to learn more
- Some web development experience preferred: you’ve probably dabbled in coding enough to know how to Google the error code
- Startup compatibility: you’re comfortable with changing roles, blistering speed, and figuring it out as you go along
- Passion for helping small businesses succeed
- Self-disciplined: you prefer to structure your own tasks and don’t need a boss looking over your shoulder (which is hard to do in a remote environment!)
Company – CanIRank
Website – https://www.canirank.com/