Full Job Description
At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
Job Title: Part Time Technical Inspector
Department: Competition – National Series
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared Date: 12/18/2018
Reviewed Date: 12/18/2018
The Primary responsibility of this position is to officiate the race event by directing competitors on the proper procedures for participation in practice, qualifying and the race.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Proficient understanding of the pit road rules and all race assignment positions pertaining to officiating the race.
- Successfully pass the pit road officials exam as administered.
- Ability to Officiate the race on pit road or in other locations using applicable technology.
- Assist with traffic control, crowd control and credential verification.
- Implement and apply the appropriate procedures during practice, qualifying and the race including pit road and other race assignments in a consistent, timely, authoritative, and professional manner.
- Establish and maintain proper communications with the assigned crew chief(s) and / or Race Control as required.
- Properly execute and confirm any directive from Race Control.
- Display willingness and ability to learn new software programs created for race officiating.
- Competent use of standard technology such as keyboard, mouse, windows-type applications, etc.
- Maintain equipment to avoid damage and ensure that hardware is properly stored for use at future events.
- Competent understanding of radio use, procedures and etiquette.
- Attend meetings, educational seminars and team building exercises.
- Handle issues appropriately in the garage and pit areas.
- Report any conflicts with teams, team members, policy, and procedures to your supervisor.
- Provide input/solutions for improvement to current policy and procedures.
- Work one or more assigned inspection station(s) for initial through post-race inspections.
- Assist in pre and post work day operations to include assembly and disassembly of inspection equipment.
- Unload and load haulers, as requested.
- Assist with transportation of vehicles, as requested.
- Use the Mobile Inspection Application to capture all inspection infractions.
- Assist R&D personnel as required (i.e Roamer arm help, or help with any race equipment that has been impounded for further evaluation)
Perform other duties as assigned.
Approximate travel 90%.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to read a tape measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Customer service, people skills, represent Company. Use of computer is helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Company – NASCAR
Website: https://www.nascar.com/Click Here to Apply