Full Job Description
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Our Pacific Northwest team is seeking a seasoned Technical Editor to join our team of biologists, environmental scientists, and engineers to provide superior technical editing and helping us achieve our goal of providing our clients with high-quality reports that display attention to detail, readability, and communication of key points.
The Technical Editor will review, analyse, edit, revise, and reorganize documents as necessary to improve content and style. Specifically, this position is relied upon to edit documents and other client deliverables for content, compliance, relevance, clarity, comprehensiveness, accuracy, overall tone, and spelling/grammatical errors and to generally ensure all written content meets our company’s, and our clients’ QA/QC standards. Documents will primarily include technical reports for habitat restoration, large-scale planning projects, wetlands restoration, biological studies, and environmental assessments. May also assist with presentation materials, non-technical reports, documents and other publications.
More About This Role:
The Technical Editor will:
- Edit technical and scientific documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, consistency of fact; logical and meaningful presentation of information; correct style and format; accuracy of graphs, charts, and illustrations; readability; and completeness.
- Write and edit non-technical material such as presentations.
- Recommend improvements to standard methods of conveying complex data.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Science, or an environmental field (e.g., environmental science, biology, ecology).
- Strong technical writing/editing, including impeccable grammar skills.
- Ability to work with project managers and technical experts in a dynamic environment to produce documentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills – must be able to coordinate with all staff levels and across all technical areas and a variety of office locations to produce timely, high-quality deliverables.
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities and shifting schedules.
- Strong experience in documentation/word processing systems (e.g., Adobe [Illustrator, and Acrobat], Microsoft [Word, PowerPoint, Excel]), and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to perform document coordination and production activities with specific attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven experience as a technical editor and in working with a variety of style guides and document templates.
- Must conform to strict, client-specific editing guidelines and Tetra Tech writing standards and protocols.
What We Can Offer You:
- Flexible part-time schedule
- Remote work environment
- Competitive salary
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
Company – Tetra Tech
Website: https://www.tetratech.com/Click Here to Apply