We are looking for a Technical Copy Editor for one of our managed service engagements with a global tech giant. As Technical Copy Editor, you will be reviewing developer-facing content around a variety of enterprise software products. This is a fully remote part time role (20-40 hours per week), and the right candidate can sit anywhere in the United States.
* Copy edit and proofread content topics.
* Correct for grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
* Edit for adherence to the company style guide.
* Ensure that text elements are formatted correctly.
* Ensure that documentation complies with Microsoft legal standards, such as use of fictitious names, product names, and trademarking.
* Ensure that abbreviations and acronyms are spelled out on first mention, if appropriate, as per style guides.
* Ensure that content meets minimum publishing criteria
* 3-5 years of experience editing software product documentation or other public-facing content
* Outstanding editing skills, including excellent knowledge of grammar, spelling, and style
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, prioritize competing deadlines, and work independently
* Strong customer focus, including diplomatically communicating feedback
* Preference for collaboration and teamwork
* Aptitude for identifying patterns
* Proficiency using Microsoft Office software
* Must be able to learn new tools quickly
* Functional knowledge and experience creating content in GitHub