To create the optimal learning environment, the University relies on teaching assistants to support instructional faculty by interacting with students in online classrooms that have a large number of students.
We are currently in search of a passionate part-time Teaching Assistant to support our Online undergraduate level Mathematics class for the upcoming Winter quarter starting January 2, 2019.
NOTE: Applications must include copies of unofficial transcripts to receive full consideration.
* Analyze student activity within discussions and assessments and choose the appropriate responses
* Accurately use the right type of responses based upon training and input from the master instructor
* Assist in managing generic student communications
* Utilize online learning platform (Blackboard) to communicate with students
* Escalate unique issues to the master instructor
* Assist with grading
* Monitor engagement levels and provide recommendations on the best approach on how to increase engagement
* Other duties as assigned
* Adhere to university policies and procedures
All degrees must be conferred and from an accredited institution to be considered
* Master’s degree in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Math Education, Statistics or Physics
* Previous teaching experience with adult learners
* Exhibits sound judgment in making decisions
* Ability to lead group discussions
* Ability to keep accurate records
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Must have strong computer skills
* Access information using a computer
* Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
* Manage potentially stressful situations in a professional and ethical manner
* Strong mental acuity