Pay: $30 an hour
Full Job Description
Springboard runs an online Cyber Security Career Track in which students learn with the help of a curated curriculum, mentors, career coaches and teaching assistants (TAs). Our student support network comprises some of the best cybersecurity experts in the field.
We are looking to hire a TA who is an experienced cybersecurity professional and is passionate about supporting students learn the content covered in our cybersecurity syllabus.
TAs provide support via chat and emails to help students progress in the curriculum by answering quick-stop questions.
Please fill out your expected availability for this role in this Google Form.
Please reach out to us with any questions to email@example.com
- Be available on time for your scheduled TA shift(s)
- Respond to students within at most 30 minutes (if you notice increased student demand, please let us know so we can look into staffing more TAs for high demand shifts)
- Provide high quality responses to student questions and technical/curricular review requests in the form of email and chatto help students unblock themselves
- Keep interaction times per student below 30 minutes (for extensive issues, students can re-queue to give other students a chance to get TA help)
- Notify the Springboard team of planned breaks and vacations at least 1 week in advance
- Available on your shift to answer subject matter questions and provide feedback/troubleshooting on student exercises, projects and other curriculum related elements
- Empathetic, kind, polite and have excellent written communication skills
- Patient and take your time to understand the intent of the student when they reach out, analyze their issue and further adapt to the situation depending on the dynamics of the interaction
- Able to demonstrate interest in the student’s success
- Proficient with and able to explain usage of tools covered in the cybersecurity curriculum
- Effective at guiding learners through content, as well as troubleshooting and responding to technical questions; sharing screens/control as necessary to facilitate guidance
- Great at time management and prioritizing important elements at times of high TA demand
- Become familiar with other student support channels and are able to direct the student to the appropriate channel if relevant (e.g. the career coach for career related questions or the job guarantee)
- Earn $30/per hour
- Build your teaching, coaching, and leadership skills
- Keep your cybersecurity skills sharp and knowledge current as you support learners from the curriculum
After you apply:
- We will reach out to shortlisted applicants within 1 week of application date to schedule an interview
- We will then proceed with onboarding the selected candidates
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated, and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
Company – Springboard
Website: https://www.springboard.com/Click Here to Apply