Tax Processing Specialist
Full Job Description
Name: Tax Processing Specialist I (Part-Time)
Job ID: 1190
Posting Locations: Remote
Job Type: part-time
Category: Individual Contributor
Description and Requirements
This position is responsible for performing a wide range of sales and use tax (SUT) compliance functions. Understand various business entities (i.e. retail, software, manufacturing, leasing, etc.) and the related SUT compliance details involved. Ensure the accuracy, integrity, and timely filing of the client’s returns and payments. This preparer will work closely with the client.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Prepare Clients’ sales and use tax returns for the time sensitive SUT compliance cycle. Work hours are approximately 40-60 hours per month.
This will include:
- Communicate frequently with Client contacts via phone and e-mail
- Retrieve the Clients’ monthly tax data files from an online repository
- Analyze tax data for accuracy, investigate questionable data and take corrective action when necessary
- Manage Clients’ soft and hard files
- Import monthly tax data to Vertex Returns software
- Post completed returns and reconciliation files to an online repository
- Retrieve Client approvals and changes
- Collaborate with other staff to direct the mailing process of returns
- Timely initiate electronic filings and payments
- Maintain monthly tax calendars
- Maintain reconciliation and analysis reports
- Review and address Clients’ tax mail (forms, notices, and bulletins)
- Respond to, resolve, and track notices from taxing jurisdictions
- Document unusual out-of-scope issues both internally & externally
- Prepare bank reconciliation and analysis for each Client
- Exercise professional judgment to resolve basic tax accounting problems
- Participate in other projects or duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Specific knowledge of multi-state tax preparing software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Must be detailed oriented, a team player, and have strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work under tight monthly deadlines
- Strong diplomacy skills are required
- Ability to manage job-related and personal stress effectively.
- Must manage time and priorities effectively by completing tasks in a timely manner.
- Basic knowledge of SSTP, SOX, SAS70. I
- Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING::
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience required
- 1+ years of accounting, finance or equivalent experience preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Other QualificationsThe Winning Way behaviors that all Vertex employees need in order to meet the expectations of each other, our customers, and our partners.
- Communicate with Clarity – Be clear, concise and actionable. Be relentlessly constructive. Seek and provide meaningful feedback.
- Act with Urgency – Adopt an agile mentality – frequent iterations, improved speed, resilience. 80/20 rule – better is the enemy of done. Don’t spend hours when minutes are enough.
- Work with Purpose – Exhibit a “We Can” mindset. Results outweigh effort. Everyone understands how their role contributes. Set aside personal objectives for team results.
- Drive to Decision – Cut the swirl with defined deadlines and decision points. Be clear on individual accountability and decision authority. Guided by a commitment to and accountability for customer outcomes.
- Own the Outcome – Defined milestones, commitments and intended results. Assess your work in context, if you’re unsure, ask. Demonstrate unwavering support for decisions.
Vertex is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email AskHR@vertexinc.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact 610-640-4200 or AskHR@vertexinc.com. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Company – Vertex, Inc
Website: https://www.vertexinc.com/Click Here to Apply