Bilingual, Spanish, Education, Social Work, Research
$15 – $18/hr
The Indianapolis Peers and School Transitions Study (IPAST) is looking for a responsible and detail-oriented survey field researcher to assist in a longitudinal survey study of peer influence in middle school academic achievement. The flexible position is for a minimum six months. Priority will be given to candidates who reside in Indianapolis, Indiana. The study is directed by Dr. Megan Andrew and is funded by the Spencer Foundation and the W.T. Grant Foundation.
The ideal survey field researcher should have strong organizational skills, an interest in education, some classroom or other student or youth experience, and should be able to assist the research team on-site with school recruitment and/or survey administrations in Indianapolis. Tasks will include but will not necessarily be limited to assisting the research team with recruiting and maintaining regular contact with school principals and helping to administer student surveys in schools during the academic year. The study is currently administering student surveys, so that task comprises the bulk of the position duties at this time.
This position will be located in Indianapolis, IN.
* We are seeking applicants with the following qualifications:
* A Bachelor’s degree (or currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree) in education, social work, or a related field
* Good computer skills (e.g., proficiency with Word and Excel are essential)
* Experience working with adolescents and/or schools
The following qualities are also essential to the position:
– Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills
– Attention to detail
– Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple tasks and projects
– Willingness to learn new skills and acquire new responsibilities
– ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
– Fluency or near fluency in the Spanish language
* Experience working with adolescents and/or schools.
* Fluency or near fluency in Spanish
* Special Instructions to Applicants
The project will span from now until August 2017.
Position is located in Indianapolis, IN.
Department Alliance for Catholic Education (28010)
Family / Sub-FamilyNo Eprism / Other_No Eprism
Department Hiring Pay Range$15 – $18/hr depending on experience
Job Category : Administrator/Professional
Job Type : Temporary
Schedule: Days of Week & Hours
Days may begin at 7 AM and end at 3:30 PM
Training will begin in mid February
Schedule: Hours/Week 10-20 hours per week
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply