Education & Training, College & University, Online Teaching, Graphic Design, Digital Design, Web Design
Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college that is dedicated to changing lives and the communities it serves through high-demand and flexible educational programs. Since 1900, the College has been committed to academic innovation and providing the highest standard of education while empowering students to pursue a college degree. Rasmussen College offers Certificate and Diploma programs through Associate’s, Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs online and across its 23 Midwest and Florida campuses. A pioneer in online education, the College is helping lead advancements in innovations such as competency-based education and comprehensive student support services that help working adults advance their careers. The College is also committed to providing a positive impact on society through public service and a variety of community-based initiatives.
- Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) will act as Contractors assigned to collaborate with the appropriate Department Chair.
Participate in a Kickoff call
All Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) are expected to participate in a kickoff call with the appropriate Department Chair (DC). The goal of the call is to create a shared vision for the course, discuss any special considerations, and get started on mapping the course competencies.
Produce raw content for the following deliverables:
- SME Content Template.
- CBE (competency based education) for course content depending on the course’s program.
- Suggestions for assessments, learning activities, and rubric criteria.
- Video scrips and storyboards.
- Supplemental content in support of learning outcomes.
- Multimedia development suggestions.
- Notes/answer keys/ teaching suggestions to be included as a Faculty Guide.
- Test Outs as necessary.
Produce original instructional materials for online learning
Subject Matter Experts are hired to provide expertise in the subject area. As such, we are looking to the SME to provide original content and not only rely solely on the textbook or publisher materials.
This content should:
- Translate expected learning outcomes into instructional material that allows students to achieve weekly learning outcomes.
- Meet Rasmussen’s course development style standards.
- Be checked for accuracy and consistency of spelling, grammar, and other mechanical and style issues before submission.
- Incorporate constructive feedback into online tests, exams, and quizzes. If necessary, provide feedback prompts to other non-objective assignments that instructors can use when teaching the course
Deliver the content using the appropriate templates
The content development template provides content that can be directly translated into the finished course. What you see in the document is what will appear in the course.
Deliver the content in a timely manner
There are many people involved in the creation of an online course. Each is dependent on the others to have their part completed by a certain time; therefore, it is imperative that delivery milestones are met.
Participate in regular review sessions with the DC
The DC will be regularly reviewing the work submitted by the SME. Hence, the SME must be available for a regularly scheduled feedback call or email with the DC. DC and SME will come to an agreement on the time, frequency, and form of these communications.
Be an available resource
The SME is expected to be an available resource throughout the entire course development process.
The SME is most involved in the design and writing phase of the development. This initial phase includes participating in the kick-off call, creating a high-level design for the course, creating all materials for modules, and creating all student and instructor support materials. This phase lasts between 12-14 weeks.
After the design phase, the course is turned over to production. During this production phase, the SME may be called upon to answer questions or make modifications to course materials.
Fulfill all the above responsibilities
SME must fulfill all the stated responsibilities for a positive collaboration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts with a digital or graphic concentration, Multimedia Design, Interactive Media Design, Media Arts, Visual Arts, Visual Design/Visual Communication, or related design field
- Must have three or more years’ of experience in Graphic Design/Animation, Web, or Print design fields.
- Must have strong experience in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong Communication/Writing skills preferred
At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed supporting and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome our employee’s differences regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Digital Design or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Graphic Design or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Interactive Media or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Multimedia Design or related field.
- 3-7 years: Adobe Creative Cloud
Company – Rasmussen College