Computer & IT, Computer Security, Database Administration, SQL, Software Development, Web Design
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy is looking for a knowledgeable programmer or instructor to help design our newest product offering, Front-End Career Path. The Front-End Career Path Subject Matter Expert (SME) works directly with the Codecademy Curriculum team to create a syllabus outline and curate external content sources to help turn a high-level syllabus into reality. This is a paid, remote, part-time, contract position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Apply educational techniques and philosophies to help design a first-in-class syllabus that teaches current concepts in Backend Web Development.
- Collaborate with Codecademy’s Curriculum team to craft learning outcomes and build a compelling learner experience.
- Think pedagogically to break down technical concepts into digestible units and modules.
- Curate external material to supplement our current Backend curriculum.
- Collaborate with Codecademy’s Curriculum team to author high-quality projects that are worthy of being part of a learner’s portfolio.
- Propose updates to existing material to reflect current standards in Backend Development.
- Review newly produced content and provide targeted feedback.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Professional experience as a Backend or Full-Stack developer
- Professional experience designing and building APIs
- Fluent in SQL and PostgreSQL databases and general database design and development
- Experience working with containerization technologies, including Docker
- Knowledge of best Web Security practices
- Experience with course/syllabus design
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Experience using the Codecademy platform
- Experience with crafting educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format
Equal Employment Opportunity
Codecademy is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings.
This is a part-time, remote position. You can expect anywhere from ~ 10-15 hours of work per week, including weekends. You can work from anywhere with an internet connection, and will be compensated (paid) bi-weekly.
Company – Codecademy
Website – https://www.codecademy.com/