Accounting & Finance, Education & Training, Project Management, Research, Science, Grant Writing
To be discussed.
The Biostatistics Center is an off-campus research facility of The George Washington University located in Rockville, Maryland. The Biostatistics Center serves as the coordinating center for large scale multi-center clinical trials and epidemiologic studies funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other Federal agencies. The Biostatistics Center is a leader in the statistical coordination of major medical research programs of national and international scope, frequently leading to major medical advances. Visit our website: www.bsc.gwu.edu.
The Biostatistics Center’s Subcontract Coordinator is a part-time position that provides budgetary support and subcontract, service and consultant agreement administration for large clinical trials in maternal fetal medicine. The position works with Project and Admin staff to ensure critical needs of study are met.
* Participates in proposal submission.
* Tracks, reviews and edits subcontracts, service and consultant agreements, and checks for accuracy and grant compliance.
* Serves as liaison to subrecipients, contractors, BSC personnel and Office of the Vice President for Research.
* Reviews subcontract invoices and issues payment to subrecipient.
* Initiates purchase requisitions for subrecipient and contractor agreements.
* Generates monthly clinic invoices for clinic reimbursement.
* Responds to queries regarding payments.
Monitors IRB (human subject approval) status for subcontracts and communicates with subcontractors regarding renewals.
* Tracks expenditures and analyzes costs.
* May provide administrative oversight of subcontracts under the direction of the Research Administrator.
* Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
**Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Responsible, relevant grants and contracts experience
* Strong quantitative, written, oral, organizational and teamwork skills
* Attention to detail
* An aptitude for working with budgets and invoices or some accounting experience
* Clinical or scientific background is a plus
* Working knowledge of Excel and MS WordClick Here to Apply