Education & Training, Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Visual Design, Project Management
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
As a product manager in Labs you will be working with student developers and internal stakeholders to craft a product vision that will be built by new junior developers fresh out of the Lambda curriculum and into an apprenticeship environment.
You’ll be working with 2 main objectives:
- Deliver meaningful product concepts to students that allow them to create impressive capstone projects
- Help and support product leadership craft a product vision for the Lambda product suite
The most revolutionary part of the process will be the sheer volume of engineers that will be building the product concepts you craft alongside a design partner and product leadership.
We need the right mix of leadership and vision to craft not just the current projects, but to scale the product concepts for thousands of developers. There will be a significant amount of products needing to be scoped and delivered.
Your core responsibility will be to continue to perform product research with students, hiring partners and other stakeholders. This research and information will give you the confidence to build out and test problem and solution concepts.
This is a part-time 25-hour role. You would be working from approximately 5pm PST-10pm PST.
What you’ll do:
- Understand UX hiring manager expectations
- Get UX students to job-ready status with a focus on portfolios, resumes, and interviewing
- Provide critical and constructive feedback to UX students on their work
- Prepare and give lectures based upon UX student gaps in learning
- Collaborate on improving the curriculum across the UX program
What you’ll need:
- If your highest education is High School Diploma or GED, you are required to have 5+ years of working experience in the learning track’s industry
- If your highest education is a College Degree (proof required), you are required to have 3+ years of working experience in the learning track’s industry
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a professional UX Designer
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience creating design libraries
- Deep experience in UX processes
- Experience managing teams of designers and mentoring entry-level designers
- Have worked on a product development team as a partner with a product manager
Company – Lambda School
Website – https://lambdaschool.com/Click Here to Apply