Pay: $30 an hour
Full Job Description
RESPONSIBILITIES:Under the direction of authorized administrators mentors shall:
- Support at-risk high school students to motivate and encourage them to improve academic achievement, behavior, effort, attitude, and school attendance.
- Support the social-emotional and developmental needs of students.
- Assist students with career plans and extra-curricular activities.
- Provide academic support in content areas to include reading, mathematics, and science as needed.
- Collaborate with teachers to determine strategies to increase student achievement.
- Provide support within the classroom as needed.
- Provide mentoring sessions in a remote environment if social distancing requirements cannot be met in the school building.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must be available during the school day (7:15 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
- 7 hours per week, without benefits. Approximate dates of employment: January 19, 2021 – June 22,2021
- $30 per hour.
This position subject to grant funding.REPORTS TO: Building Principal and Administrator of Student InterventionsEVALUATION:Performance will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Westfield Public School evaluation and observations from the High School Principal/Vice Principals and Administrator of Student Interventions.
Company – Westfield Public Schools
Website: https://www.westfieldnjk12.orgClick Here to Apply