News & Journalism, Writing, Online Content
To be discussed.
The Daily Dot is the web’s most comprehensive source for original internet news and among the fastest growing media companies in the world. Our content reaches 12 million readers each month. We tell the story of the internet each day with uninhibited reporting on the people, apps, memes, and movements that are shaping the internet generation.
The Daily Dot’s strategic content writer will create social media- and SEO-friendly features for all things related to the internet. If a reader is searching for the best food apps, wants to know how to stream a sporting event, or how to use Snapchat like a pro, your guide will appear in search results or in their Facebook feeds. We’re not interested in lifeless articles that sound written by robots. We’re looking for compelling pieces that can inform and entertain readers.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Pitch, pursue, and write evergreen stories that translate well to social media and provide longtail SEO benefits.
* Develop a focused but conversational Daily Dot voice.
* Work with editors and other members of the editorial team to identify ways to build a larger and more engaged online audience.
* Establish a calendar of events to build out stories in advance.
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
* You have 2+ years of journalism experience
* You understand and know the Daily Dot brand, internet culture, online fan communities, and current trends
* You understand basic image formatting to create compelling, visual guides
* You have an awareness of social media trends and platforms and know how to engage on social media
* You are comfortable working as a part of a virtual team and meet deadlines
* You are skilled in multitasking and prioritizing in a rapidly changing environment
* You have 10-20 hours a week to devote to this role
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a cover letter and résumé by email to email@example.com. Reference “Strategic Content Writer” in the subject line.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply