Client Services, Accounting & Finance, Bookkeeping
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways to strengthen the climate movement and catalyze transformation around the world.
About The Role
350.org will be launching a new online community for a global cohort of climate storytellers. It will be a space where writers, artists, photographers, etc can connect with one another to help grow crucial climate-related communication around the world. We’re looking for someone with experience in online community management who can help us kick off this new hub, as well as grow/support a meaningful virtual space.
The tasks of this role are:
- Helping to prepare launch materials
- Creation of online platform and community guidelines
- Welcoming new participants
- Scheduling and / or providing initial training to new volunteers
- Monitoring and facilitating tasks/conversations
- Handover long-term management to volunteers
- Good oral and written english
- 2-3 years experience managing social media for organizing purposes
- Experience in climate communication
- Strong grasp of climate justice frameworks and the intersection of climate issues with racial justice, Indigenous rights, and economic justice.
- Aligned with 350.org’s mission to challenge the power of the fossil fuel industry
- Some experience in content production: developing and designing graphics, social posts, videos, and other digital assets
- Copywriting – ability to craft comp
Company – 350.org