Research, Writing, Online Content
Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 30M users per month. LovetoKnow.com is a growing internet content site that aims to help people solve problems, get advice, and find information from authoritative experts. We are currently looking for a staff writer for our Family, Baby, Kids, and Teens channels. If you are a teacher, school counselor, or have other expertise that relates to families and children, with a background that also includes writing, we want to meet you!
This is a part-time, telecommuting, employee position offering 20 hours per week. Writers create high-quality content that addresses readers’ needs and adheres to LTK guidelines.
Why You Want This Job:
- LoveToKnow brings Silicon Valley ways all over the world.
- LoveToKnow operates several of our own websites. Your work and input will be integral to the growth of our proprietary products.
- Your work will be high impact and high visibility.
- We have a flat organizational structure and you will work directly with the product managers.
- You will be part of a superb team of professionals building one of the fastest-growing brand names on the net.
- Room to self-organize your time.
- Technical training/meetups covered by the company.
- Recognition and rewards for excellent work.
As a LoveToKnow Staff Writer, you will:
- Write consistently high-quality articles that address the needs and queries of our readers
- Ensure that all articles are written in a manner consistent with LTK guidelines
- Work on fixing older content, which includes updating and rewriting existing articles
- Work within system-generated deadlines to ensure timeliness
- Keep an accurate record of time worked
- Communicate with the rest of the editorial team as needed
- Attend regular (virtual) meetings
- Provide feedback, ideas, and suggestions on LTK.com as well as other LoveToKnow Corp. properties
- Allot time each week for working on personal authority/branding
- Experience in a field that works closely with families, kids, and teens. (teacher, school counselor…).
- Minimum of one-year professional writing experience.
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent research skills
- Online presence related to the subject.
- Familiarity with writing for the web audience
- Expert qualifications for assigned topic channels
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Associated Press (AP) style
- Ability to keep an accurate timesheet
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to tackle a variety of different article types
Company – LoveToKnow Media
Website – http://www.lovetoknowmedia.com/