Staff Research Associate
Full Job Description
The Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior is seeking to hire a part-time Staff Research Associate to join the new NEA Research Lab at UCLA, which is developing an Arts Impact Measurement System (AIMS). AIMS will provide a flexible assessment methodology for deployment on mobile devices, freely available to the national arts community, enabling the reliable and valid assessment of health and well-being outcomes.
Primary duties include:
- Gathering materials and formatting these for our web-site
- Tabulating findings from literature on emotional well-being
- Compiling self-report instruments to create comprehensive item-bank
- Learning about the CHORUS interface and how to create apps
- Implementing and pilot-testing CHORUS apps
- Assisting in the cleaning of data for analysis
- Performing statistical analyses under the direction of the PD/PI and/or Co-Investigators.
- Assisting in the preparation of manuscripts;
- Assisting the PD/PI and other Co-Investigators in other scientific tasks as required.
Position is remote until further noticeQualifications
- Experience and proficiency in using database and statistical analysis software programs
- Capacity to work effectively off-site using internet applications and conferencing software
- Experience with, or ability to learn additional software including the Chorus application
- Skill in organizing the recruitment of research participants following IRB guidelines
- Ability to accurately schedule participant and administrative appointments
- Skill in conducting on-line literature searches using PubMed and Google Scholar.
- Ability to use or learn reference management software (e.g., Endnote) and its use in formatting manuscripts and other bibliographies
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills to conduct interviews and similar communications with confidentiality, sensitivity, and professionalism
- Ability to learn how to administer, score and interpret various psychological testing procedures
- Ability to analyze data and present them in feedback reports
- Skill in editing reports, correspondence and manuals
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Company – UCLA Health
Website: https://www.uclahealth.org/Click Here to Apply