Do you want to help students learn Advanced Placement (AP) Spanish or Mandarin? And are you looking for a fun and flexible part-time job? Join PandaTree! We’re passionate about helping kids learn foreign languages. PandaTree delivers high-quality online foreign language tutoring for children using our proprietary video conference platform and engaging curriculum. PandaTree provides a fun and convenient way for students, ages 2 to 15 to learn Spanish or Mandarin with individualized tutoring sessions and engaging discussions.
PandaTree is an exciting place to be! We are growing and looking for native-fluency Spanish or Mandarin-speaking tutors to provide one-on-one tutoring for AP high school students via videoconference. Tutors work 15-25 hours of their choosing per week from the comfort of their own home/room.
* AP Tutors help kids learn Spanish or Mandarin through fun, interesting conversations via video-conference. Our focus is on discussing topics the child is passionate about while helping them prepare for the high school AP exam.
* Help develop PandaTree’s AP curriculum, including developing learning modules, interactive exercises and sourcing authentic materials.
* Help develop assessment tools to track students’ progress.
* AP tutoring lessons last 50 minutes. 5-20 minutes of prep time is required before each session. Tutor sessions are recorded for quality purposes and to provide the student with the ability to review the session at a later time.
* Must be a current high school AP Spanish or AP Mandarin Teacher with a minimum of 3 years experience teaching AP Spanish or AP Mandarin
* Articulate, native-fluency Spanish or Mandarin speaker with a standard accent
* Strong English speaking skills
* Bachelor of Arts, Masters degree or PhD with a focus on education or language
* Experience developing innovative curriculum using original materials
* Patient, kind and FUN. Tutors need an engaging and encouraging presence over video-conference
* Permitted to work in the United States
* Reliable, high speed internet connection and fast computer
* Quiet, private, interruption-free room to conduct online tutoring sessions
* Ability to be punctual for tutoring sessions is a must
* Availability afternoons/evenings and weekends preferred
* Willing and able to commit to 9+ months of working with PandaTree
Flexible hours: 15 to 25 hours per week; you choose the hours you are available
* Time off for holidays and exams
* Work from your room/home
* $20 – $25 per hour depending on experience
What Makes PandaTree Different
* Hired as a part-time employee, not a contractor
* Paid ongoing coaching, training and development
Please include a short cover letter explaining your Spanish or Mandarin skill level and your experience teaching AP courses and developing curricula.