Human Services, Social Work, Medical & Health
To be discussed.
The LICSW is responsible for the social, emotional, and financial wellbeing of patients on the Senior Behavioral Health Unit. The LICSW will participate in interdisciplinary treatment team planning; is responsible for discharge planning, running treatment groups as assigned and performing appropriate psychosocial assesments and interventions. The LICSW will assist with referrals to the unit and make referrals to appropriate community agencies as indicated.
* Develope an individualized plan of care with interdisciplinary treatment team.
* Coordinate discharge/follow-up activities.
* Discuss with patients/families the financial implications of placement decisions and provide quidance.
* Provide individualized psychotherapy, supportive counseling, and group therapy as indicated.
* Make referrals to community agencies as appropriate.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
* Strong Knowledge of DSM diagnoses including dementia diagnoses.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
* Case management skills.
* Five year’s in clinical setting with a minimum one year’s psychiatric case management experience.
* Current MA licensure as an LICSWClick Here to Apply