Customer Service, Social Media
$15 an hour
Upworthy’s mission is to draw massive amounts of attention to the most important stories in the world. We are a mission-based media company focused on changing what the world is paying attention to.
We spend our days at the intersection of data and storytelling, developing tools and techniques to find, develop, craft, optimize, and even assess the impact of our stories in novel, powerful ways. But to make the kind of difference we want to make in the world, we need to go even further. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a passionate, detail-oriented, social media-obsessed team player to support Upworthy’s content distribution operation. This position will report directly to our Social Media Manager.
What you’ll do:
* Schedule daily content posts across social platforms, especially Facebook
*. Optimize posts for maximum social engagement, including platform-specific copywriting and audience targeting
* Implement new and innovative strategies under the guidance of the Social Media Manager
* Moderate comment streams to ensure that the best conversations are lifted up and our audience feels appreciated and heard
* Some QA and/or basic data entry work
The ideal candidate:
1. Has an understanding of and love for social media. Do you spend an almost embarrassing amount of time on Facebook, Pinterest, or Tumblr? We want YOU.
2. Has at least one year of experience running a dynamic, high-growth social media account
3. Has an almost obsessive attention to detail — even in a fast-paced environment
4. Has fantastic writing skills. You can find a smart, witty angle on anything.
5. Has basic tech savvy and comfort with data
6. Is cool with working in a virtual office and can communicate effectively via any medium — Slack, Google hangout, or email
7. Has great people skills (and an even better reaction GIF game)
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply