Social Media Coordinator Marketing Copywriter
Full Job Description
Are you looking for ways to use your experience with Social Media to live out your values/faith? Open Doors USA is hiring!
Position: Social Media Coordinator
Location: This is a remote contractor opportunity which can be accomplished from anywhere in the U.S. for the right person. It requires as average of 20 hours per week.
Open Doors provides Bibles, emergency aid, food and shelter, job training, literacy classes, safe houses and other critical support to Christians living in the world’s most difficult places. We seek to help people who are harassed, kicked out of their communities, physically assaulted, unjustly imprisoned, raped and even killed as a result of their Christian faith. For more than six decades, we have also worked to strengthen churches to help them survive and thrive to serve our world and advance the gospel in volatile regions.
Open Doors is also a passionate community—made up of many staff, board members, field representatives and supporters-who stand against persecution together. To learn more about our organization, we invite you to read more here.
Who we’re looking for:
A motivated, organized contractor with experience creating, scheduling, analyzing and adjusting strategies that drive social media engagement.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop posting strategies that grow audiences across all relevant social media platforms
- Work with story team to establish posting schedule, leveraging content (incl. video, written posts, and audio content) to drive engagement and site traffic
- Engage audiences to deepen community across social media platforms
- Contribute to content marketing and social media strategy discussions
- Write posts for social media and copy for the Open Doors News Alert email newsletter
- Creatively use online search tools and social media platforms to identify leads for content affiliates, media partners, and brand ambassadors
- Collect contact information and pitch content to selected leads and affiliates
S/he will have…
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Exceptional understanding of social media landscape (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and how best to communicate brand identity on each platform
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Interest in and experience in analytics for ensuring engagement and traffic metrics are met
- Strong copywriting skills
- Good research skills
- Strategic and flexible thinking
- Christ follower
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Prefer 2+ years proven experience driving social media and engagement
What we offer:
- An opportunity to do meaningful work that truly makes a difference
- Flexible work hours (20 per week on average)
In keeping with employment law, this contractor must…
(1) use their own computer
(2) work independently in performing the work
(3) submit invoices that document the hours served as a contractor
We can’t wait to meet the person whose passion, skills and experience make them the right fit for this role!
Company – Open Doors with Brother Andrew IncClick Here to Apply