Chinese, Language Learning, Translation
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, interpretation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Translate utterances and intent markers from English to target languages.
- Create variations of translated utterance and intents that comply with linguistic and data diversity guidelines.
- Develop and augment lists of domain-specific terminology and apply these to AI data to enhance diversity.
- Annotated data sets using client labels and taxonomies.
- Iterate on the translation, content generation, variation implementation, vocabulary development based on test score provided by client.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in performing translation from English to the target language.
- Knowledge of and ability to localize measures, currencies and other conventions to local standard.
- Strong terminology research skills.
- Experience with transcreation (ability to take a phrase in English and express in in multiple locally-fluent ways that maintain the intention of the phrase while varying the syntax, vocabulary and usage) and/or software localization experience is ideal.
- Ability to imagine how people in the local market from a wide range of demographics might interact with a customer service chat bot in written format.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in data annotation for machine learning (annotation, utterance creation, triggers, intents).
- Ability to produce flawless data (translated content and creatively generated content) with no editing or proofreading.
- Native-level fluency in designated language and English.
- Significant cultural understanding of locale.
- Familiarity with subject matter domains: IT, HR, CSM.
- Familiarity working in automated, KPI centric, testing platforms.
- Duration: Ongoing
- Hours: 25 hours per week
- Pay Rate: USD 20 per hour
- Start: ASAP
Company – Welocalize
Website – https://www.welocalize.com/