Firebrand helps startups crush their marketing goals. We are a specialist PR and marketing firm for tech and health startups. Based in San Francisco, Firebrand’s integrated public relations, demand generation and digital marketing programs help startups outshine their competitors. Our experienced team combines domain expertise, marketing best-practice, operational efficiency and the x-factor to implement winning campaigns.
You can expect an entrepreneurial culture, to work directly with a senior team, to be strategic and hands-on, and to help build a fantastic firm. We have no politics, no bureaucracy, efficient systems and a supportive approach. We focus on great work, high levels of client service and expanding our skills.
We work with a roster of hand-picked startups which are leaders in their field and backed by prominent VCs including a16z, First Round, GV, Initialized, LightSpeed, Menlo Ventures and Unusual VC. Our clients are technology startups – primarily with complex propositions which need clear positioning and messaging. At present, clients range from ‘deep tech’ – data analytics, AI, storage, agile development and application delivery – to ‘health tech’ – hearables and neuroinformatics.
About the role
We’re looking for an SEO copywriter with domain expertise in the tech sector. The ideal candidate will be familiar with technical writing, understand SEO best practices and have strong research skills.
The role is part of a senior marketing team well-versed in PR and digital marketing. This position will be responsible for copywriting content as part of ongoing SEO and digital marketing programs. Specifically this could involve technical glossary terms and pillar pages, blog posts and web pages, but might also include gated content such as whitepapers, ebooks and guides.
Other members of the team will include marketing strategists, PR consultants, digital marketing experts and influencer relations specialists.
We expect you to have a firm grasp of content marketing, an ability to write quickly, clearly and accurately, to be able to juggle multiple projects to deadlines and be comfortable writing in a variety of styles from deeply technical FAQs to humorous blog posts. You’ll be working with former reporters, linguists and wordsmiths with an appreciation for good clean copy.
The position is currently freelance (contract) and can be remote.
Note – while Firebrand does run advertising programs, we are not looking specifically for an ad copywriter.
- SEO copywriting — drafting compelling copy that also contains a researched keyword profile or theme that balances call-to-action messaging with optimized terms for web pages, blogs and assets.
- Research — researching technical topics to write detailed, authoritative content which clearly explains the subject better than any other ranking page on the web.
- Editing — sharpening and refining the content produced by the team to maintain high standards of output.
- Keyword insertion — recommendation of where to insert appropriate seed, supporting and semantic keywords into site copy and ability to convey the reasoning behind each placement.
- 3+ years’ technical copywriting experience, potentially with a publication
- Flexible copywriting skills with the ability to write succinct copy and long-form SEO content backed by keyword research and SEO best practices like readability
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, SEMrush) and web content management systems (mainly WordPress with Yoast SEO)
- Solid academic track record at least to Bachelor degree level
- Entrepreneurial with good business savvy
- Unflappable, practical, proactive, mature approach
- Creative, disciplined, curious, organized
- Contract position with flexible schedule (10-20 hours per month)
- Competitive hourly rate
- Involvement in team activities
- Top flight systems, efficient processes
Company – Firebrand Communications
Website – https://www.firebrand.marketing/