Startup, SEO & SEM, Social Media, Online Marketing, Blogging
To be discussed.
Do you get a little kick out of being able to help answer a friend’s query on social media? Have you ever commented on a complete stranger’s blog just to provide some helpful info? Are fellow bloggers some of your closest friends, even though you’ve never met IRL? Does Reddit look to you for creative inspiration?
If so, we’d love to speak with you about joining our online marketing team as our new SEO & Content Marketing Associate!
What does an SEO & Content Marketing Associate do? In short, you’ll be charged with helping our startup and small business clients grow their business by devising, producing, optimizing, and promoting engaging and informative content. It’s a varied role which may entail brainstorming with a freelance writer on Monday, pitching journalists on Tuesday, and logging in to WordPress to optimize a client’s site on Wednesday. Along the way you’ll be honing a variety of online marketing skills including social media, blogging, SEO, PR, and content marketing – an excellent foundation for working with a digital marketing agency (including ours!), going freelance as a consultant, or growth hacking your own startup.
This is a flex-time (approximately 20-40 hrs/ week), remote position paying $12-$16/ hr plus performance bonuses, with potential to turn into a full-time position with equity participation and full benefits if things go well (rockstars can progress to the Senior Consultant and Director level, or go full time to manage other consultants).
* 1-5 years professional work experience, or internships of extraordinary relevance and quality
* Exceptional persuasive-writing ability: your college application essay made the Dean cry, and your status updates win more “likes” than a skateboarding puppy doing the Harlem Shake.
* Citizen Web: you have a strong affinity for internet culture, spend time contributing and sharing online, and may even have dabbled in WordPress, HTML, web design, or coding.
* Startup compatibility: you’re comfortable with changing roles, blistering speed, and figuring it out as you go along
* Passion for helping small businesses succeed
* Self-disciplined: you prefer to structure your own tasks, all the better to try out that new hyper-productivity system you read about last weekend
* Virtually extraverted: it’s OK if you’re shy at parties, but on the internet you’re not afraid to speak up, always remembering that there’s a real person on the other side of your monitor, and connecting in an authentic manner whether you’re pitching a TechCrunch writer or helping Milfred find a new web host for her gluten free dog biscuit store.Click Here to Apply