Pay: $15.00 / hour
Answer incoming calls and make outgoing calls with the intent of scheduling patients, ensuring a match of physician-specific scheduling guidelines with patient appointment preferences. Collects and maintains accurate, basic patient information relating to registration and insurance. Answers all non-scheduling related questions and directs non-scheduling calls to the appropriate department.
- Completes all appointment scheduling, cancellation and confirmation requests by matching patient preferences with documented, physician or diagnostic specific scheduling guidelines to provide the first available appointment in conjunction with patient preferences for time, date and location of each appointment.
- Coordinates and completes accurate basic registration, demographic and insurance information to ensure timely and accurate payment for services while scheduling appointments.
- Provides one-call resolution whenever possible.
- Processes multi-channel messages related to patient and physician requests such as appointments, referrals, prescriptions and complaints.
- Achieves and maintains quality and service goals related to contact center metrics.
- Functions as a team member to organize and prioritize responsibilities to complete daily work assignments.
- Assists with training initiatives for new hires.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Required)
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1.5 million consumers it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes 13 hospital campuses, a 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With 32,000 employees and 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania and New Jersey by billions of dollars annually. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and benefits for domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
Company – Geisinger